ethical considerations Watch

This discussion is closed.
horrorboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
ive just done my psychology coursework and ive experimented on 5, 11 and 18 year olds. ive not done an ethical consideraytions section though as ive wrote about 2 lines on ethics in the design. is this enough?
if not where do i write my ethical considerations?
thanx in advance
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
ive just done my psychology coursework and ive experimented on 5, 11 and 18 year olds. ive not done an ethical consideraytions section though as ive wrote about 2 lines on ethics in the design. is this enough?
if not where do i write my ethical considerations?
thanx in advance
If you feel there are any problems you should put them in the discusion - this is only because you should have eradicated ethical issues before running the experiment!!

By not having any thats a good thing I beleive (apart from mentioning some as you have in design and how you countered them)
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by rednirt)
If you feel there are any problems you should put them in the discusion - this is only because you should have eradicated ethical issues before running the experiment!!

By not having any thats a good thing I beleive (apart from mentioning some as you have in design and how you countered them)
cheers - so i dont need to do an ethical considerations section. ive only said that i obtained consent from parents, debriefed and gave the right to withdraw
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
cheers - so i dont need to do an ethical considerations section. ive only said that i obtained consent from parents, debriefed and gave the right to withdraw
no, an ethical section is not needed. The markers will assume it is all ethical before the experiment is run - here at uni you cant even look for particpants until your proposal passes an ethics committee.

Mentioning the right to withdraw etc should be all you need. Hope that helps
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by rednirt)
no, an ethical section is not needed. The markers will assume it is all ethical before the experiment is run - here at uni you cant even look for particpants until your proposal passes an ethics committee.

Mentioning the right to withdraw etc should be all you need. Hope that helps
yea uve helped a lot cheers
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%