Turn on thread page Beta

How to revise edexcel A2 physics? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm having problems finding a good method to revise Edexcel A2 Physics, that is, Units 4, 5 and parts of 6. Some say to try and learn it i.e. learn word for word from textbooks or from notes, and some say to understand it. Unfortunately I have heard some papers are easier to pass by learning rather than understanding.
    What is the best approach to revise physics?
    Also, any suggestions on books to use for revision? The book I have is the Edexcel NAS physics unit 4 and 5 books, but they tend to be a bit vague...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dre)
    Hi, I'm having problems finding a good method to revise Edexcel A2 Physics, that is, Units 4, 5 and parts of 6. Some say to try and learn it i.e. learn word for word from textbooks or from notes, and some say to understand it. Unfortunately I have heard some papers are easier to pass by learning rather than understanding.
    What is the best approach to revise physics?
    Also, any suggestions on books to use for revision? The book I have is the Edexcel NAS physics unit 4 and 5 books, but they tend to be a bit vague...
    Ultimately the best way is to understand the subject so that you can apply the basic fundamentals to unusual problems. The bets wya is to start learning the formulae etc parrot-fashion and then try and understand it and see if you can prove the derivation of the formulae yourself without help. Then try and do lots of questions which are not staright forward. The NAS revision book is good, but there are other books like "Calculations in A-Level Physics" which are great to try harder mathematical based questions. Also do lots of past paper questions. There's also a big textbook called Understanding Physics which has some good questions in and generally covers the syllabus in more depth giving you a broader understanding of the subject than just learning p[arrot-fashion.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    A software package I have found very useful is "SURE Higher Physics"

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.