The Student Room Group

3 things that annoys you the most about guys

What are the top three things that annoys you the most about guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Got a feeling everything in this thread will remind me why I already hate myself so much but go ahead girls.
Original post by AllTimeLow!
What are the top three things that annoys you the most about guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

main one is when they change when they're infront of their friends..
Reply 3
being laddish
Reply 4
note: come back to reference this thread to avoid making mistakes in future.
Reply 5
Original post by Aniqa Bushra
main one is when they change when they're infront of their friends..

Read this as like getting changed, thought you'd met a lot of guys who were massive exhibitionists!
Reply 6
1. They act like they think they are supposed to based on portrayal on TV etc. e.g. Cringey "lad" culture
2. They tell obvious lies a lot of the time
3. Having different personalities with different people.

To be fair, this is what annoys me about most people of our generation, not just guys.
Reply 7
The lies.
Bullying with farts.
Reply 8
ahh what else; what is the obsession with video games? seriously surely you should have grown out of them by now...

hey, nothing wrong with video games
Original post by Lakesx
really I change in front of my friends and I am a girl... is that weird?

anyways what annoys me, oh I know when they are by themselves they are so cute and sweet, but in large groups they are really masculine and ladish...if you get what i mean - they are different when they are around guy friends and with girls..

ahh what else; what is the obsession with video games? seriously surely you should have grown out of them by now...

I'll think of the last one later

Disclaimer: Does not apply to everyone...

lol yeah! that's basically what i meant -.-
Reply 10
in...
Reply 11
Original post by Aniqa Bushra
lol yeah! that's basically what i meant -.-

people seem to be taking "change in front of their friends" in the wrong way, weird.
Well you can't really say as guys are all different, hard to categorise all into one! I've met some absolute awesome guys and some not so great (the same with girls though)
Something I've noticed about some boys I know, this doesn't apply to every boy though obviously;
1. I find it really uncool when a boy will talk to you when it's just you two, but the moment they're with other people they ignore you. Idk not cool.
2. Guys who just wanna "hook up" and don't have anything else further emotionally beyond that. Just makes me a bit sad.
3. When guys try and act cool and a "lad" and all "hardcore"!!!

i guess these could be applied to girls too, but its evident with SOME of the guys I know.
I don't see myself as a stereotypical guy, and am much much more friendly with females. Things I don't like about guys are

1. The drinking/lad culture
2. The way guys treat women/each other as bits of meat and not human beings they should respect
3. Not a common thought, but whilst girls can be catty, guys can definitely ***** a lot.
Reply 14
Original post by Lakesx
anyways what annoys me, oh I know when they are by themselves they are so cute and sweet, but in large groups they are really masculine and ladish...if you get what i mean - they are different when they are around guy friends and with girls..

So what do you suggest? That we talk about thoughts, feelings and the latest in female fashion during our drinking time with the lads or that we ogle at women, giving graphic descriptions of what we'd do to them sexually whilst in the presence of other women?
Reply 15
Original post by Mockery
So what do you suggest? That we talk about thoughts, feelings and the latest in female fashion during our drinking time with the lads or that we ogle at women, giving graphic descriptions of what we'd do to them sexually whilst in the presence of other women?

haha I would not mind, but that role is more for a stereotypical gay best friend... Personally I find boys thoughts and feelings very limited, what I mean is that do not completely ignore us if a group of your friends come and treat us the same way you would treat your guy friends. I find that guys (personally) are more natural with girls or their best friends but when they are with groups of guys they try and impress them buy doing stupid/weird things... I do not want to hear you inner secrets but I would like to talk about more then the weather...Also if you knew more about woman you would know that actually takes up a very small part of what we talk about, its like saying that guys on talk about football and girls on talk about make up!
And to be honest if we were friends and not boyfriend/family etc. I would not mind "what you would do to a women" because that is your natural thought and I would find it quite funny not offensive...(and to be honest I would probably give you some tips!)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Lakesx
really I change in front of my friends and I am a girl... is that weird?

I'll think of the last one later

Disclaimer: Does not apply to everyone...

Blasphemy! withdraw this statement at once.
Reply 17
1) Don't spit everywhere you walk.
2) It's a great thing to have self respect, but learn to respect others too. The world doesn't owe you anything.
3) If you don't want a whore, don't end up being a Casanova yourself.
(edited 10 years ago)
1. Believing and participating in the "nice guy syndrome" trend.
2. Assuming that all modern women are anti-male, ball-busting feminists.
3. Thinking it's sexy to blow their load on a girl's face.

Like someone else mentioned, this cannot be applied to every male, because not all guys are the same. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that men are all individuals and *gasp* have their own personalities! But these appear to be the norm, and they drive me bat**** crazy!
Reply 19
Original post by canadamoose
1. Believing and participating in the "nice guy syndrome" trend.
2. Assuming that all modern women are anti-male, ball-busting feminists.
3. Thinking it's sexy to blow their load on a girl's face.

Like someone else mentioned, this cannot be applied to every male, because not all guys are the same. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that men are all individuals and *gasp* have their own personalities! But these appear to be the norm, and they drive me bat**** crazy!

The nice guy syndrome?

Quick Reply

Latest