Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A2 Sociology G673 - Crime and deviance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a re sit of the G673 crime and deviance exam on the 13th June. Does anyone have any idea about possible questions that could come up?

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I've heard realism is quite possible to come up! They've pretty much covered every question in past exams so its hard to tell, functionalism was in January so very doubtful it would come up in this exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering this myself, but i think realism is most likely to come up not sure about other topics though

ReputationRep:
    I emailed my teacher and she suggested:
    1. Outline and assess the view that the law is there to oppress the working class (or some Marxist-style question) (50)
    2. Outline and assess sociological explanations for gender differences in crime and deviance. (50)
    3. Outline and assess the usefulness of victim surveys as a true measurement of crime. (50)
    4. Outline and assess sociological explanations of why some locations have higher crime rates than others. (50) (patterns)

and include Realism and solution to crime

ReputationRep:
    Great help, thank you to you all! I had no idea because im not going to college anymore, just going in for exams.

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you know what the layout of the exam is? I've forgotten. Do we answer 2 or 4 questions? :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyhicks)
    Do any of you know what the layout of the exam is? I've forgotten. Do we answer 2 or 4 questions? :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey hun you answer 2 questions from a selection of 3

ReputationRep:
    I've literally forgotten everything about this exam since I haven't done it since January and tbf I barely did it then haha!

All I seem to know is interactionism; Becker, young, lemert, cicourel, Cohen - correct?
    Lets hope that comes up... Yeah...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalavasquez)
    hey hun you answer 2 questions from a selection of 3
    Thank you! :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wheelbarrow12)
    I've literally forgotten everything about this exam since I haven't done it since January and tbf I barely did it then haha!

All I seem to know is interactionism; Becker, young, lemert, cicourel, Cohen - correct?
    Lets hope that comes up... Yeah...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm exactly the same. I remember becker and cohen but not the others you said :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i too am clueless about this exam its so difficult trying to relearn everything within a a couple of days, which means i probably should of started revision for it earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I probably should have started this weeks ago, 2 days before the exam and I am none the wiser since January. It's just annoying that I'm going to fail this because I though g674 went well!!

Does anyone have any revision materials they could send over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like we are all in the same situation. I'm going to have to have a day of cramming tomorrow. Tempted not to do this exam but I've paid for it! Which questions did you answer in the G674 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i answered ethnicity wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalavasquez)
    i answered ethnicity wbu?
    I didn't do the ethnicity ones I did the others but forgot what they were haha!

ReputationRep:
    What are the marks for the questions? I know it's like 23 hours before the exam but yeaaaah....

ReputationRep:
    I'm only starting my revision today!!

Im only going to pick 4 or 5 essays to revise and just hope they come up.

My teachers predictions don't seem likely to me:

Marxism (yes maybe)
    Gender (doubting as it was in the second to last paper)
    Role of media (doubt because a social construction question was in the last paper).

Whats everyone else thinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aries1992)
    Role of media (doubt because a social construction question was in the last paper).
    yeah but the social construction was in relations to the police it doesn't mean the role of the media couldn't come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somerville07)
    yeah but the social construction was in relations to the police it doesn't mean the role of the media couldn't come up
    I know but looking at the pattern of previous questions - I doubt it will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone remind me what the questions in jan were so I don't have to revise it? Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2013

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.