The Student Room Group

Social Work 2014 applicants!

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd start the 2014 applicants for Social Work thread! I've seen Medicine and Veterinary Medicine threads already so! We can all support one another in our applications! If anyone knows where they are applying put this down as it means we can see who may be with who when it comes to Sept 2014!

I am applying to Northumbria, Sunderland, Teesside, University of York and University of Leeds. (:

Sophie.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,Can I ask, is there a limit to the amount of Universities you can apply to in any one year? Thanks.
Hey,

Yes, there is. You can only apply for up to five universities.

Sophie (:
Reply 3
Hi,

I've applied to UEA. This is an MA though so not sure this is the right place to post/comment :-) I've applied via the Suffolk County Council Graduate scheme and I'd really like to hear from anyone else who has applied for it. I did start a thread in UEA/Postgrad forum but have had no replies :-( I have an interview next Tuesday and it would be really nice to hear from anyone who has had an interview so that I have some idea of what to expect.

Hey, good luck with the interview! Unfortunately no one as yet who replies to this thread will have applied for Social Work courses as we are hoping to start Social Work courses in 2014. We will apply in September 2013. Once you've had your interview it would be great if you could give us some tips!

Sophie (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else? Application date isn't far away!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hi everyone, I am applying for the accelerated social work course in Belfast at Queens university! I am nearly finished my ucas application...Just have to big myself up alittle more lol
Reply 7
hey everyone, iv got a place at Lancaster University for the (BA) Social Work degree starting in September. I have been through the stressful process, looking back it was terrifying. if anyone needs any advice message me i would be happy to help.

Good Luck everyone! ;D
Hey! That sounds great! I've written my personal statement but it's too long! Need to cut it down! & thanks for that lj (: we'll keep that in mind!
Reply 9
Hi. I am applying to Northumbria for 2014.

I am starting at Newcastle College next month to do an HEFC.

Do you know how hard it is to get offered a place at northumbria? Im not sure how many students they actually accept. I wondered if it was as difficult as midwifery, my sister started in march at northumbria and was one of 20 offers, but 800 people applied!

Helen x
Hi, I'm applying for Northumbria too! I know Northumbria has a lot of places but it's hard to get into. Have to been to one of their open days, if not I can tell you more.

Sophie x
Hi.

No I haven't been to an open day. What was it like? How do you apply for that?

I heard it was hard to get on to. I dont really want to apply anywhere else though as I live near to northumbria and have my kids to look after.

Helen x
Reply 12
Everywhere is hard to get into, I mean at Lancaster there were a few thousand applicants and there is only 40 of us starting I'm september.

Good luck!:biggrin:
Hi,

The open day was great. :smile: Lots of information! The social work students & lecturers were really nice. How do you apply for what? An open day or the course? Its hard to get into because it's a professional course but at the end of the day it's worth it!
I am applying to Northumbria as it is close too! :smile:

Sophie x
I'd be interested in doing a taster course.

Do you know how long it takes from submitting your UCAS application to finding out if you have an interview?

Im really excited. . Wish it was this September! I havent been in school for years. .im 33, so im a bit scared too!

Helen x
Reply 16
Well I submitted my application in November last year, interview in January and offered a place in February!

Yeah, it's a long travel, and a waiting game! But you'll get there:smile:
Any prospective 2014 students for Social Work? Not long till applications can be sent away!
Hey I'm applying to Queens, all I have to do is finish my personal statement, stuck on what else to write :/
Hey! I've finished my personal statement! It's really hard but you'll get there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest