The Student Room Group

The Shiny, NEW ScotQuals Chat Thread

Today, a solemn silence falls around ScotQuals.

Today, we say goodbye to our brethren who have fallen in the TSR battle.

We say goodbye to the Thread for S5 Pupils, to the 6th Years & Leavers :: Chat Thread #6 and to the S4 (:colone:) Thread

But like a phoenix from the ashes, we rise again - rejuvenated and stronger than before. Today...today is the day that ScotQuals unites! We unite together under one banner:

The shiny, NEW ScotQuals Chat Thread :party:

A new thread for a new year! 4th years are now 5th, 5th years are now 6th. And 6th years? Well, you just have to wait until September. Please do pop back and say hi while you're living the high life at uni. :wink:

Here's where the people of ScotQuals get to kick back, relax and chat about whatever they want. English teacher being mean to you? Induction days pissing you off? Did you just bake the most fantastic cake (:awesome:)? It all goes in here! Welcome to your new thread! I now cut the metaphorical red tape: enjoy. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
And 6th years? Well, you just have to wait until September. Please do pop back and say hi while you're living the high life at uni. :wink:

Tellin' me I ain't allowed to post til September Hype? Cruel man. Cruel.

Actually if I recall correctly, isn't it our favouritist moderators birthday today? I believe our discussion should begin with the discussion of how amazing this moderator is and wishing him all the birthdays wishes in life ever. Or, my own public shaming for getting the date wrong :colone:
Original post by TheFOMaster
Tellin' me I ain't allowed to post til September Hype? Cruel man. Cruel.

Actually if I recall correctly, isn't it our favouritist moderators birthday today? I believe our discussion should begin with the discussion of how amazing this moderator is and wishing him all the birthdays wishes in life ever. Or, my own public shaming for getting the date wrong :colone:

You're spot on! Today is indeed my birthday. Hip hip hurray! :biggrin:
Reply 3

YAY! Happy birthday Hype, hope it's a good one! :biggrin:

Last Thursday I moved from fourth to fifth year and so far it's been alright. Had one of my teachers changed from a crud one to a brilliant one which was good, and I've had all of my subjects as of today (not been in RE until today). Looking forward to the year ahead! We've started the Physics coursework, Chemistry Unit 1 and Maths Unit 1 (straight line complete, currently in recurrence relations). It's going to be a challenge but I'm excited for it! Hope to be posting on here a lot more over the next year, particularly on different subject threads to discuss the courses. Have a great year everybody, and happy birthday again to Hype :smile:
Oh whoops Hype, I think I promised you a cake or something... I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one. :embarrassed:

Cool new thread !

I had the best ever Latin class today. We just talked about Harry Potter :colone:.

Happy Birthday Scotteh :colone:

Yas. :biggrin: You saying hip hip hurray reminded me of the DNA song... There goes my Monday night :tongue:
Original post by jackamakka
YAY! Happy birthday Hype, hope it's a good one! :biggrin:

Thank you!

Last Thursday I moved from fourth to fifth year and so far it's been alright. Had one of my teachers changed from a crud one to a brilliant one which was good, and I've had all of my subjects as of today (not been in RE until today). Looking forward to the year ahead! We've started the Physics coursework, Chemistry Unit 1 and Maths Unit 1 (straight line complete, currently in recurrence relations). It's going to be a challenge but I'm excited for it! Hope to be posting on here a lot more over the next year, particularly on different subject threads to discuss the courses. Have a great year everybody, and happy birthday again to Hype :smile:

And we hope to see you more over the next year. :colone:
You'll have a lot of fun in 5th year. I had more fun with my subjects the more I advanced through the years. Highers were way better than SG, and AHs were way better than Highers!

Original post by Bromaldehyde
Oh whoops Hype, I think I promised you a cake or something... I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one. :embarrassed:

Thank you! And I think you promised me a plushy pathogenic microbe, hmph!

Cool new thread !

I had the best ever Latin class today. We just talked about Harry Potter :colone:.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus. :biggrin:
Translation so that I'm not breaking the rules :teehee:

Spoiler

Original post by Felix Felicis
Happy Birthday Scotteh :colone:

Dankon!
(edited 10 years ago)

No... that was me... I ran into finacial difficulties </3
Thank you!

Oh yeah that was it, I hope you can enjoy your day without that :colondollar:

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus. :biggrin:

o/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
But like a phoenix from the ashes, we rise again - rejuvenated and stronger than before. Today...today is the day that ScotQuals unites! We unite together under one banner:The shiny, NEW ScotQuals Chat Thread :party:

Woo new thread! :party:

And it is not just any chat thread but a shiny one at that :colone:

Happy birthday to our very own Hype en Ecosse! Hope you had a lovely day :h:
Just checking in, good to see this thread up and running, I had the 2015 Leavers thread in my favourites and I had no idea why it was closed! My classes are mostly going well. Higher history looks pretty hellish but I guess it will be better once we start properly learning the course. Same for all my subjects actually. Happy birthday Hype!
(edited 10 years ago)
How many periods of AH's (Especially Chemistry) a week do you people have (or had) ?
I have 5 periods of Chemistry and we've been told that we should feel lucky as most school offer only 2-3 periods a week at most.
Is that true?
And we hope to see you more over the next year. :colone:
You'll have a lot of fun in 5th year. I had more fun with my subjects the more I advanced through the years. Highers were way better than SG, and AHs were way better than Highers!

I'm finding Highers a lot more fun as we seem to be a little more trusted to work more independently in some subjects. My Physics teacher is basically just letting us get on with writing up the reports and just helping whenever she can. She's going to be great :smile: Looking forward to properly starting everything after summer with the classes all settled after the exam results

Original post by Nessie162
How many periods of AH's (Especially Chemistry) a week do you people have (or had) ?
I have 5 periods of Chemistry and we've been told that we should feel lucky as most school offer only 2-3 periods a week at most.
Is that true?

My school does 6 periods of AH English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Music and 3 periods of AH Computing due to clashes with a S4 class. Loads of people post that they get like 2-3 periods of AH classes and I just don't know how they would cope with it like that! :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
New thread :party:

Say goodbye to your old threads :hello:
Woooo new thread :biggrin:
Can anyone recommend a good book with a strong theme that I can do an essay on for higher english?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pennyarcade
Woooo new thread :biggrin:
Can anyone recommend a good book with a strong theme that I can do an essay on for higher english?

Doesn't your teacher give you one to do?

Original post by jackamakka
I
My school does 6 periods of AH English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Music and 3 periods of AH Computing due to clashes with a S4 class. Loads of people post that they get like 2-3 periods of AH classes and I just don't know how they would cope with it like that! :redface:

I had two for biology, one for chemistry, and 5 for Maths. :redface:
Doesn't your teacher give you one to do?

No, we have pretty much been told to just find a book and do an essay on the main theme.
Original post by Pennyarcade
No, we have pretty much been told to just find a book and do an essay on the main theme.

Ah, okay. So this is just for over Summer?

I studied The Cone Gatherers for my exam and thought it was really good to do essays on. Any of the classic texts would work well, though!
Ah, okay. So this is just for over Summer?

I studied The Cone Gatherers for my exam and thought it was really good to do essays on. Any of the classic texts would work well, though!

yeah its over summer, thanks i will take a look at that :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest