The Student Room Group

Wjec cg3 (10 jun 2013)

I noticed we don't have a thread for tomorrow's exam so thought I'd start one

to be honest i'd be surprised if anyone else even does this course

Anyone got any revision resources or tips?
Reply 1
The mark schemes for this exam is ridiculously specific.

Anyway, roughly 30 pages of notes completed over the last week and I'm just condensing it all now. Worth looking at the specification to see what you need/might have missed out:

http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/12188.pdf

Attached is something I found online a few days ago. Not completely accurate but it's mostly very good. Doesn't cover everything but it's the only resource I've got really, other than looking at previous papers.
Reply 2
Does anybody know what the difference between standard modules and subprogram libraries is?
Reply 3
Original post by PatrickM
Does anybody know what the difference between standard modules and subprogram libraries is?

A standard module only has scope within a program, so it stops working after the program has ended.

Sub program libraries can be used by different programs
Reply 4
A standard module is a block of code that addresses a commonly used tasks in a range of programs e.g. Sort

Subprogram libraries, are pre-written and commonly needed banks of procedures that are easily imported and used, saves time in typing and testing your own. (contains no errors, as they have been thoroughly tested)
Reply 5
What did everyone think of the exam then?

I thought it was pretty good, for me at least. Fortunately I'd really got the compilation process in my head a few days ago so I'm very lucky that came up.

Lots of 8/6/10 markers I thought but nonetheless it could've been worse. Had a miracle moment at the end working out that the recursive algorithm was a fibonacci sequence, though knowing WJEC, I probably haven't got the marks for that because they wanted more specific detail -.-
Reply 6
I thought it went okay! I revised compilation and random access memory during the morning so when it came up I was so happy! I made stupid mistakes on the smaller questions! But I think I did okay on the bigger questions! I hope I've done better than January! :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending