The Student Room Group

Aqa maths unit 3 gcse - friday 14th june 2013

is anyone taking this exam on friday. If you are, do you have any idea on whats most likely to come up and how much have you guys revised

anyways good luck to those taking it :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by IkrahNaseem
is anyone taking this exam on friday. If you are, do you have any idea on whats most likely to come up and how much have you guys revised

Yeah I'm taking it:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am literally so scared for this exam, I mean seriously. :s-smilie:

I have had no time to revise as first I revised for my chemistry exam then geography which is TOMORROW!! and i have to do physics for Thursday and MATHS on top of all that.

I really want an a* but I have to push my self for that or I can just settle for an a but either way its going to be quite tough and so I will have to revise somehow.

Good luck to all !! :smile:
Reply 3
I'm doing the maths as well :s-smilie: I haven't really revised much for it, I got an A in the mock, but I don't trust mocks one bit ahaha, I'm most probably going to get a B overall anyway :smile: I hope it's understandable! aha
Reply 4
I've already got my B (I done unit 1&2 higher but the head of maths put all our class in for a foundation paper to get more points an I got a B overall)
So I hope I can get my A so I can do my A level maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Anyone got the markscheme for the march 2013 u3 exam?
Hey everybody, just a quick question - do we have to know geometric proofs, like for the circle theorems??:confused: Thanks!
Original post by smartiesfive-0
Hey everybody, just a quick question - do we have to know geometric proofs, like for the circle theorems??:confused: Thanks!

No you dont need to know how to prove circle theorems it isnt in the spec. Hopefully the exam tomorrow is easy, unlike last summers unit 2 exam :frown:
Original post by Celestial_Blade
No you dont need to know how to prove circle theorems it isnt in the spec. Hopefully the exam tomorrow is easy, unlike last summers unit 2 exam :frown:

Ahh thank you! I was getting rather worried :s-smilie: Yes, I hope so too, fingers crossed :smile: Good luck everyone!
omg but i'm like proper studying this circle theorem thing i hope it comes up :frown:
Original post by IkrahNaseem

hey my teachers every year do a prediction thing and are always 80% right on most things that come up, they check past papers from years back and check, and checked the exam on Tuesday.. i am retaking my gcse for an A* and they predicted the following will come up
-trial and improvement -transformation
-histograms -similarity and congruence
-probability(tree diagrams) -indices
-best buy questions -Pythagoras
-angles -vectors
-percentages (compound interest) -solving quadratics (using formula)
-unit and conversion -standard form (significant figures)
-bearings -direct/indirect proportion
-upper&lower bounds -volume&surface area of prism
-trigonometry(sine/cosine rules) -mean estimation
-stratified sampling - area of perimeter of sector (arcs/sectors)
:smile::smile:
Reply 11

You do need to know the 7 rules because they ask for reasons why you have answered a question the way you have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JF2013
You do need to know the 7 rules because they ask for reasons why you have answered a question the way you have

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct, the op meant proving the theorems algebraically. You ofcourse do need to know the rules. :smile:
Reply 14
Good luck to everyone who is taking this exam ! :smile:

Fingers crossed about the questions though.
I hope trig comes up like sine and cosine, learnt that pretty well.
:smile:
Yay its over :d
does anyone remember the answer to question 2 :P
Original post by brownaishab
does anyone remember the answer to question 2 :P

What was the question?

I actually understood the last question :biggrin:
Reply 18
did anyone else find this quite hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
it said find the value of X but Im just worried that I worked it out wrong and the other question about 30+10A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending