The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Accommodation

Do you think most people get their first choice on accommodation? :smile:
I'm at Lancaster at the moment and most of my friends got their first choice. It might have helped that general university applications were down from the year before. I guess it depends on which you apply to. Applying for one of the further away colleges might give you a better chance than one closer to the centre.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Ladyliesel
I'm at Lancaster at the moment and most of my friends got their first choice. It might have helped that general university applications were down from the year before. I guess it depends on which you apply to. Applying for one of the further away colleges might give you a better chance than one closer to the centre.

Thank you! :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Ladyliesel

Is it first come first served?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey everyone :smile: I received an e-mail asking me to book accommodation, but Lancaster is my insurance. Could it be an error, or do people who insure Lancaster also have to book accommodation? I'm confused hehe! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by evercharmed
Hey everyone :smile: I received an e-mail asking me to book accommodation, but Lancaster is my insurance. Could it be an error, or do people who insure Lancaster also have to book accommodation? I'm confused hehe! :s-smilie:

Apply but know that firmers have priority so you might not get your first choice :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Tish
Apply but know that firmers have priority so you might not get your first choice :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah right, thank you, I've applied now :smile:
Original post by Tish

Posted from TSR Mobile

The impression I was given was no, although firmers and exchange students have priority over people who apply for insurance places. It's mostly down to luck.
Original post by Tish

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is not first come first served as long as you apply before the given deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending