Rachel.Louise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi.. Anyone else just done this exam this afternoon?

I left the exam feeling a bit rubbish and now I'm feeling terrible. Got a nasty feeling I didn't read the questions properly.

Can anyone remember the questions about mood disorders? Its all a freaking blur to me :-/

x
Amide
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I did child development, stress and forensics
Forensics essay was hard. Waffled on completely.
Do you do any of these?
Rachel.Louise
Rep:
?
I did moral development, which I think was ok.. Schizophrenia/mood disorders which might be ok but now I think I didn't actually answer the questions.. And substance abuse which was a disaster! The essay didn't seem to make a lot of sense. Which child development option did you do?

I don't even think I waffled.. Just completely panicked and wrote anything!

Are you doing unit 4 next week?
Amide
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Social Development
That was probably the only essay that went well as I'd practiced it before. What about you?

Yes you?
jennieanydot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi all!

I did the exam yesterday - Social Dev, Mood Disorders and Substance Abuse. What was that 12 mark Substance Abuse essay about?! I had no idea how to refer to the newspaper headline so I was a bit vague on that.

Everything I was weakest on came up which is sod's law I guess...

Re. Mood Disorders - the big one was two treatments for Schizoprenia but asking to to compare the two which I hadn't really seen before on past papers. I went for drug treatment and then panicked and wrote about coping strategy enhancement like an idiot. The others... I seem to remember a 2 mark one about treatment for depression, one about the difference between Bipolar and Unipolar, and then the other one has completely slipped my mind!

Hope everyone has done ok How are you feeling about PSYB4? I'm doing all this on my own with no teacher so it's interesting to hear other opinions!
cmakin2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
PSYB4 seems okay to me, I think its more of a combination of previous knowledge and just conveying that to a question which is better than previous AS/2 exams. The one section that everyone in my class seems to struggle with are the debates but in reality what is stopping you from just comparing and contrasting from different approaches. I think thats the best way around even the hardest questions. And of course, if you are stumped you can always through in general points about Reductionist views, determinism etc.
Rachel.Louise
Rep:
?
Hi everyone.. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand that substance abuse essay! I linked it to the newspaper headline in such a vague way, just hope they give marks for creativity?!! Was there a question about outlining an explanation for depression? I think I've messed that up as I put Freuds and now I think it said a biological explanation :-/. Oh dear.

Im kind of dreading next Monday as I'd concentrated more on the other exam.. Just hoping there will be ways to answer the questions with a comparison of approaches rather than going into details of one. Looking at the past papers there are a lot of questions about studies and methods.. Eek!
Rachel.Louise
Rep:
?
Jennieanydot.. I wrote about drugs and CSE too, had a bit of bother comparing the two!
Im teaching myself with books as well, it's soooo hard to know whether you're oon the right track or not!
jennieanydot
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's so hard without a teacher! Glad to hear someone else thought along the same lines - I'm taking that as a sign that we're on to something! I just wrote about high drop out rates and so perhaps drugs are necessary before cse for some people - I'm hoping that kind of counts as comparison... Fingers crossed for us all anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rachel.Louise
Rep:
?
Good luck for Monday everyone.. Fingers crossed the questions are a bit more straightforward this time around!!
Student411
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anyone got the June 2013 AQA PSYB3 paper. It would be really useful. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?