The Student Room Group

What A levels/degree to take for Fashion Journalism?

So...I'm only in year 10, but college and university only seem a few steps away. I've always wanted to be a forensic scientist, but within the past year, I've taken a huge interest in fashion and journalism. It would be my dream job; working on something I'm hugely passionate in, and doing something I love. However, I'm finding it hard as to what A levels to pick and degree courses to choose - which route to take. I take Media at GCSE level, so I'm hoping to take it at A level also, but I'm apprehensive as to what this will entail. I've heard English is another good subject to take, but I'm not completely sure. I was thinking about taking chemistry and law at A level, but these will have little relevance or worth in the fashion industry. I realise it is a difficult industry to branch into, and therefore I am wanted to make myself stand out from the crowd - even if I am only 15. It's better to start early! I sat my first set of GCSE modular last year and got: English - A*, Maths - A, Chemistry - A, Biology - A*, Physics - A*, History - A*, Religious Studies - A* and Business Studies - C. What should I do?
Reply 1
You should probably keep your options open and do English and Textiles as well as chemistry and biology. In terms of actually getting the career you want, you could possibly write some articles and send them to relevant magazines, or even ask for work experience, that way, you'll prove to be dedicated to journalism and you'll improve your writing skills. I'm considering taking English at University (if I decide to go) so I hope this somewhat helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
best piece of advice - KEEP YOUR ACADEMIC OPTIONS OPEN! and show dedication through non-syllabus stuff if you can, showing you have a real passion for it do it all in your spare time and hobby, start now your portfolio will be amazing in the years to come...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending