The Student Room Group

Biology 21st Century Science OCR - 18th June Exam

Discussion for those revising for the upcoming biology exams! Unit 7 - OCR 21st Century Science! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Speak to me fellow sufferers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Most of it isn't too bad it's just the stuff on the environment!
I hate learning about the environment in biology :angry:
Reply 3
Original post by tealover96
Hey! Most of it isn't too bad it's just the stuff on the environment!
I hate learning about the environment in biology :angry:

I'm finding unit 5 on genetic testing and stuff a killer, an absolute killer. Environment topic is soooo long!!

How are you faring with chemistry and physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
I'm finding unit 5 on genetic testing and stuff a killer, an absolute killer. Environment topic is soooo long!!

How are you faring with chemistry and physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I HATE physics anyway so it's just so boring to learn...
It's really bad actually cos I've been taking a break since my maths exam on Wednesday! So I've gone back to proper studying today. I've understood most the content for physics so far it's just waves that annoy me. And I don't understand how they can ask 6 markers on them! I have a lot of memorising left to do for chemistry! Aagghhhh!
Oh well less than 2 weeks to go :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by tealover96
I HATE physics anyway so it's just so boring to learn...
It's really bad actually cos I've been taking a break since my maths exam on Wednesday! So I've gone back to proper studying today. I've understood most the content for physics so far it's just waves that annoy me. And I don't understand how they can ask 6 markers on them! I have a lot of memorising left to do for chemistry! Aagghhhh!
Oh well less than 2 weeks to go :smile:

I've been focusing entirely on my other exams so I started science revision properly yesterday. I am doomed to say the very least. Physics is gibberish to me... So is chemistry and biology never finishes. **** this all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone here have the CGP OCR 21st century higher revision guide for c7, b7 and p7 or the separate chemistry biology and physics ones that feature these sections?
Reply 7
Original post by Anon12345678
Does anyone here have the CGP OCR 21st century higher revision guide for c7, b7 and p7 or the separate chemistry biology and physics ones that feature these sections?

Nope... My friend does! I have this glorious book:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371077496.436404.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon12345678

Yhh I have them...they are really useful for me though most people say they miss out a lot of the stuff. But I find that they follow the exact specification. :smile:
Reply 9
any other revision guides i only got cgp aint that good
Reply 10
Original post by Fade
any other revision guides i only got cgp aint that good

Mine is pretty much on point and is the official one but it's sooo long and very contextualised :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Cgp books are the best resource for me, they are straight forward and only have information which is required, apart from the dead jokes, if you know everything in there you will get an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Jina
Mine is pretty much on point and is the official one but it's sooo long and very contextualised :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

would you mind taking pictures of a few pages so i can compare? I can do the same with mine and show you pictures?

Thanks if possible
Reply 13
Original post by Fade
would you mind taking pictures of a few pages so i can compare? I can do the same with mine and show you pictures?

Thanks if possible

Yeah sure! Anything in particular? Here's genetic testing:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371146320.792404.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371146346.465121.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371146364.234701.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Jina
Yeah sure! Anything in particular? Here's genetic testing:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371146320.792404.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371146346.465121.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371146364.234701.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much for this. It's in more detail which is good.
Can you do Ecosystems and Exercise&Fitness?

And what would you like to see in my guide?
Reply 15
Original post by Fade
Thanks so much for this. It's in more detail which is good.
Can you do Ecosystems and Exercise&Fitness?

And what would you like to see in my guide?

Hey! No probs! Genetic testing confuses a tad, with the probes and things haha.
I'll do ecosystems and rest when im back home later! :smile:
I'd love your pages on chromatography or any physics! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Okay, I will do this in the evening. Got an exam in the PM!

Thanks so much for this :smile:
Reply 17
,Meh, my last three exams are B7 P7 and C7, i've had a month of literally no exams so entire focus been on this. tbh all i do is memorise that cgp book, its a god send honestly.

B7 is incredibly short, its seriously pips, chemistrys alright, and physics is logical 8-)
In my opinion CGP books are the best.
My results out of 100ums:

B1B2B3: 90
B4B5B6: 97
C1C2C3: 99
C4C5C6: 92
P1P2P3: 94
P4P5P6: 89

Also I didn't revise, I LEARNT because my teachers are awful. I think they are the best revision books out there.

Now onto the actual thread topic, I'm finding biology ok, chemistry is alright as well and I haven't even started physics yet aha...
I'm confident about biology now...it's chemistry and physics!
I'm just relying on the grade boundaries being really low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending