What would happen if you got on a train without a ticket

Watch
Mathhelp11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

Say if you wanted to go from birmingham to London and you just hopped on the train without a ticket in thr hope that the ticket inspector doesn't come (because it's not 100% certain they check all tickets). However he did come and you tried to avoid him bu hiding under a table or going to the bathroom but he finds you and i say that I've dropped something on the floor which is why I'm underneath the table. The he asks to see my ticket and I rummage through my bags to convince him that I bought one. However I say that I lost it and I don't have the money to pay for a new one.

What would happen to me?
Harley SMU
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'd be given a penalty fine and kicked off the train at the next station most likely.
zeropoint
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why is this listed under "Relationships"?
original_username
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Most likely life in prison.
Mathhelp11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Harley SMU)
You'd be given a penalty fine and kicked off the train at the next station most likely.
What if you refused to accept the penalty fine. He can't issue he fine if I don#t tell him anything about me. Then I'll get off at the next station and get the next train. If it happens again I'll keep hopping on trains until I get to my station?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mathhelp11)
What if you refused to accept the penalty fine. He can't issue he fine if I don#t tell him anything about me. Then I'll get off at the next station and get the next train. If it happens again I'll keep hopping on trains until I get to my station?
If you refused to give your details, he would have the right to call the police. That would make your situation considerably worse.
username877577
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why is this listed in relationships?
Do you have a crush on the train or something :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mathhelp11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olympiad)
Why is this listed in relationships?
Do you have a crush on the train or something :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
because the relationship forum if the most active forum so I'll get more replies here.
username877577
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
because the relationship forum if the most active forum so I'll get more replies here.
You do realise the mods are going to move it when they see it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Then I'll get off at the next station and get the next train.
You do realise he will have the British Transport Police waiting for you at the next station, don't you?
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You get a fined on the spot, but if you can't pay it, I think they send a letter to your house. Don't risk it though because this happened to one of my friends and she had a court case against her :\
Mathhelp11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
You do realise he will have the British Transport Police waiting for you at the next station, don't you?
Don't worry I'm very attractive so I'll just walk past them because she expect a foreign person
Mathhelp11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Olympiad)
You do realise the mods are going to move it when they see it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have elicited all the info I need now so I don't care
Aleeece123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How would you get on the train in the first place? Surely both Birmingham and London stations have ticket barriers?
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You won't necessarily get fined, if they believe you just lost it they may just ask you to buy one - happened to me before. But if you refuse to pay, police as others have said, so don't do that.
SleepySheep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My mum used to breastfeed my baby sister when the ticket inspectors came past. They would become really flustered and tell her not to worry about it. We also used to hide in the toilets a lot. We were rarely caught.

Edit- forgot to add, I was six years old and had no say in this. So get off your high horses.
Solid.Snake
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Couldn't somebody just simply hide in the toilets throughout the whole journey and not get caught by the ticket inspector?

If they do catch you either you'll have to buy a fare, or they'll give you a fine, if you refuse then expect to be greeted by the police on the next stop.

It really isn't worth the hassle especially with the hefty fines and all the ticket barriers, there's a very good chance you'll get caught and then you'll be crying when you see the fine.
Solid.Snake
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also, I've heard of some people pretending to be fast asleep when the ticket inspector comes round.
But apparently the inspectors do try to wake you up...

That can be quite funny especially if the guy is blatantly pretending to be sleeping!
cl1.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I was younger, me and my friends would sit at one end of the train and when we seen the ticket inspector in the next carriage we would get off at the next stop and run all the way to the other side of the train where he/she had already checked all of the tickets, all to save £2.
Cake Faced Kid.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Happened to me once. I got on a train at an unmanned station, so could not buy a ticket. The ticket inspector didn't come around, I got off at another unmanned station.

FREE TRAVEL :ahee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads