is GCSE sociology and psychology easy?

Watch
JPL9457
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
would it be easy for a private candidate?
Quilt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've just finished GCSE Psychology, and personally found the first unit to be a lot more interesting than the second unit. Because of this, I found it fairly simple. Although, the Psychology exams look for you to say specific things, and you can get 0 marks on 6 mark question that you know if you don't use the exact words they're looking for, which is where I dropped my marks on the unit 1 exam!

I hated unit 2, I found it difficult and hard to memorize. Psychology requires you to memorize studies, experiment methods, their positives and negatives, and lots of other things that would be easy if you have a good memory!
JPL9457
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Quilt)
I've just finished GCSE Psychology, and personally found the first unit to be a lot more interesting than the second unit. Because of this, I found it fairly simple. Although, the Psychology exams look for you to say specific things, and you can get 0 marks on 6 mark question that you know if you don't use the exact words they're looking for, which is where I dropped my marks on the unit 1 exam!

I hated unit 2, I found it difficult and hard to memorize. Psychology requires you to memorize studies, experiment methods, their positives and negatives, and lots of other things that would be easy if you have a good memory!
so is it more memory (like gcse geography) than actual skill? (like maths)
Quilt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JPL9457)
so is it more memory (like gcse geography) than actual skill? (like maths)
Personally, I'd say it's definitely memory based. You obviously are required to analyse studies etc but yes, it's mostly just remembering procedures and concepts.
Knowlesracka
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
GCSE Sociology CAN be easy if you pay attention and learn how to answer exams properly... like I got a C on Unit 1, took my time to learn the unit again properly, resat and got A*, so I PERSONALLY think it's easy if you are good at writing both sides of the argument, and learn key themes and ideas throughout the course. This is obviously my own personal opinion, as many people in my class hated it, and didn't do very well in the tests.
Toriar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sociology is pretty easy if you take in all the information and learn all the key terms and main 4 sociological theories (and I personally think it's really interesting but most people in my class would disagree). If you aren't good at writing a lot then that's a problem because there is essay writing involved. Basically, if you're interested in sociology and like to watch the news and stuff you'll probably enjoy it and therefore listen and do well, whereas if you're uninterested and find it boring you're less likely to concentrate.
PsychoAnalyser
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Psychology is meant to be a hard GCSE and A level as there is alot to remember, sociology is meant to be easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (107)
60.45%
No (36)
20.34%
Not sure (34)
19.21%

Watched Threads