The Student Room Group

Falling for this girl, help..

I really like this girl, like, a lot.

I have kissed her on one occasion and I was 'all over her' with my hands, It was nice, but we were both drunk. She had a house party thing on the Friday and I went.

Then on the Saturday we arranged to go get ice cream. It was nice, but it was weird at the end; She sort of hesitated a bit before getting out of the car and looked at me... Was she expecting another kiss?

I have also asked her to meet up again and she said "shed love to" and after we went for ice cream that night I text her to say thanks and she said that the really enjoyed it and wants to do it again.

BUT, she never ever seems to text me first, it's always me.

Does she like me? Girls: What do you think?

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You will find the vast majority of women want the man to make the first move every time (in before some stupid bitch comes into the thread and says she makes the first move every time). Despite us living in a country of equal rights between men and women, women still expect the man to do certain things. It's a fact of life and the dating world.

In all honesty, you sound very socially awkward and dull. Going for ice cream, really? :jester: I'm sure that's what they did on dates back in the 1950's but this is 2013. Give her some more excitement.

Seriosuly, ice cream? :rofl: Sorry I can't get over the fact you took a girl out for ice cream. That's what you're supposed to do with little kids, not on a date.
Original post by Joker :)
You will find the vast majority of women want the man to make the first move every time (in before some stupid bitch comes into the thread and says she makes the first move every time). Despite us living in a country of equal rights between men and women, women still expect the man to do certain things. It's a fact of life and the dating world.

In all honesty, you sound very socially awkward and dull. Going for ice cream, really? :jester: I'm sure that's what they did on dates back in the 1950's but this is 2013. Give her some more excitement.

Seriosuly, ice cream? :rofl: Sorry I can't get over the fact you took a girl out for ice cream. That's what you're supposed to do with little kids, not on a date.

Ice Cream is cute, so shush As a girl, I say you've got to try hard. Fight for her etc and show her you want a relationship. She's probably just shy and doesn't want to put herself out there if you're gonna throw it back. Keep suggesting fun things to do together, swimming, movies, fairs etc...she said she enjoyed herself so she probably does like you. Do whatever feels natural, be honest with her, have fun

Hope I helped
Reply 3

haaa.
Reply 4
Original post by emletsgoyeah
Ice Cream is cute, so shush As a girl, I say you've got to try hard. Fight for her etc and show her you want a relationship. She's probably just shy and doesn't want to put herself out there if you're gonna throw it back. Keep suggesting fun things to do together, swimming, movies, fairs etc...she said she enjoyed herself so she probably does like you. Do whatever feels natural, be honest with her, have fun

Hope I helped

Thanks. I am meeting her on Thursday to go out for a meal then back to mine to watch a movie.
Reply 5
Original post by upthegunners
Thanks. I am meeting her on Thursday to go out for a meal then back to mine to watch a movie.

I'm a girl and I don't message first aha! Just my nature I guess.
Reply 6
Original post by MedMed12

even if you realllyyyy liked him and he hadn't messaged all day?
Reply 7
even if you realllyyyy liked him and he hadn't messaged all day?

idk depends, I would sometimes, just not the majority of the time. Plus if its exam season, I'd avoid it.
Reply 8
This is what I am telling you OP. Why don't you listen to me?

A girl is not going to make the first move ever. Even if she deeply loves you, is a big extrovert and knows you are shy and will never make a move, she is NOT going to make the first move. You have to do it.
Reply 9
This is what I am telling you OP. Why don't you listen to me?

A girl is not going to make the first move ever. Even if she deeply loves you, is a big extrovert and knows you are shy and will never make a move, she is NOT going to make the first move. You have to do it.

phew, was worried I was just a weirdo or something or perhaps stubborn and didn't realise it haha!
idk depends, I would sometimes, just not the majority of the time. Plus if its exam season, I'd avoid it.

Well I guess she has a Maths exam on Thursday. Should I just not text her until after that? Don't want to annoy her.
Reply 11
Course she likes you- otherwise she wouldn't say she enjoyed the date or want to go on another one
Reply 12
Well I guess she has a Maths exam on Thursday. Should I just not text her until after that? Don't want to annoy her.

Maybe do, but not too much. Just saying as my friend last year was whining that someone she liked hadn't replied and I was like its exams stay focused (she was going to get straight As anyway :tongue:) but yeah. Subtly mention something about exam revision or something though.
I think she likes you! And going for ice cream is cute :smile:
Boys like to chase and girls like being chased! (Warning: "chase" is not meant to be read in a creepy way!)

So, you'll have to do the ground work and take the initiative mate. Sounds like she is interested, but you have to keep her interested and not hesitate in making a move - you can't be too forward, but neither can you back way - jeez its hard sometimes! Just go with the flow and if it feels like a kiss is on the cards, then don't miss out! Once she knows you're serious about dating and like her genuinely, as opposed to just wanting to sleep with her, then she will lower her defences a bit and become more closer to you. Best of luck mate!
Original post by Ollymurslove
I think she likes you! And going for ice cream is cute :smile:

After all this talk of ice cream, I really want one now ....... lol

But... it's ice cream :emo:
Original post by superduper9
Boys like to chase and girls like being chased! (Warning: "chase" is not meant to be read in a creepy way!)

So, you'll have to do the ground work and take the initiative mate. Sounds like she is interested, but you have to keep her interested and not hesitate in making a move - you can't be too forward, but neither can you back way - jeez its hard sometimes! Just go with the flow and if it feels like a kiss is on the cards, then don't miss out! Once she knows you're serious about dating and like her genuinely, as opposed to just wanting to sleep with her, then she will lower her defences a bit and become more closer to you. Best of luck mate!

"A woman is never kidnapped unless she wants to be", Book I, Herodotus. :perv:
I really like this girl, like, a lot.

I have kissed her on one occasion and I was 'all over her' with my hands, It was nice, but we were both drunk. She had a house party thing on the Friday and I went.

Then on the Saturday we arranged to go get ice cream. It was nice, but it was weird at the end; She sort of hesitated a bit before getting out of the car and looked at me... Was she expecting another kiss?

I have also asked her to meet up again and she said "shed love to" and after we went for ice cream that night I text her to say thanks and she said that the really enjoyed it and wants to do it again.

BUT, she never ever seems to text me first, it's always me.

Does she like me? Girls: What do you think?

Thank you :smile:

Women give birth and have periods and stuff. The least boys could do is to text them first :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Original post by SexiestNameEver
Women give birth and have periods and stuff. The least boys could do is to text them first :rolleyes:

men go to work and earn money and stuff... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending