The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was definitely harder than last years! Everyone I have spoken to found it hard, hopefully the Calculator paper will make up for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What answer did you get for the area of the rectange which had the two circles either side? Also the circle theorems question?
Reply 3
I found it very hard.

I skipped the area of rectangle question.

About the circle theorem question I got 4x I think it was. Just double the angle on the circle. Which is probably wrong.
Reply 4
Any idea on the grade boundaries ?
Reply 5
I also got 4x as it was 2(2x)! For tbe rectangle one I just got a ridiculous answer like 9400cm squared haha. The grade boudaries last year were 27/200 for a C, 40/200 for a B, 78/200 for an A and 132/200 for an A*, so pretty low!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by DaanH
I also got 4x as it was 2(2x)! For tbe rectangle one I just got a ridiculous answer like 9400cm squared haha. The grade boudaries last year were 27/200 for a C, 40/200 for a B, 78/200 for an A and 132/200 for an A*, so pretty low!

Posted from TSR Mobile

40/200 ? So 20% for a B ?

I reckon I did quite well in the 9 marker question on the water companies.
Reply 7
Yeah that's what it was last year, and I can't see it getting much higher because the paper was hard! Yeah for my answer to that one I put the man should choose the water company depending on how long he is staying on the island!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Also, what did you get for the acceleration on the graph question. I thought it was just 1m/s squared. But it seems to simple fot 4 marks ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I also got 1m/s squared because it was 1/1, however that part was worth 2 marks and the part before it was worth 2 marks, so it just said 4 at the end of the whole question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Oh I see.

After thinking about it, I'm sure I got around 40/100.

Was there any other quite hard questions in it ?
Reply 11
I'm thinking I got between 75 - 85, considering I did last year's paper as a mock and got 100% on it! Urm there was a question where you had to find the dimensions of a tile which I got 6.5 x2? And there was a tough one where you had to simplify a fraction by factorising it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
The tile dimensions one I skipped, but near the end I figured out it was a simultaneous equations question, at least I think it was anyway.

I don't remember the other one your talking about.

It would be handy too see the paper again if anyone has a copy :P
Reply 13
Probably the worst maths paper compared to the previous years ones. How did you guys find the question with the pigs? The one with the x pigs, y days and z or something. I made something up for that one, made no sense.
Reply 14
It was y = z/x and the assumption you had to make was that the two pigs ate the same amount of food!
Reply 15
What did you guys get for the very last question. Was it 9.5m? Also what do you think will be an A in this paper? I found it a lot harder than past papers
Reply 16
Can't remember what was the last question now. Will the paper be on the WJEC website any time soon
?
Reply 17
I got 9m but using the area of a trapezium rule? I think that you will need a score of around 110 over both papers for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
They don't put the paper on until the next season, so it won't be on before results day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by DaanH
I got 9m but using the area of a trapezium rule? I think that you will need a score of around 110 over both papers for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

That low? That's only like 55% on each paper

Latest

Trending

Trending