The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aledo6
It was definitely harder than last years! Everyone I have spoken to found it hard, hopefully the Calculator paper will make up for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This should be the case...it was last year anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wb25
Any idea on the grade boundaries ?

Normally you need the following but they can vary slightly depending on the paper:
An A is 70%
B is 50
C is 30

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
The grade boundaries aren't that low its around (raw marks) 48/100 for a D 58/100 for a C 68/100 - B 78/100 - A then 88/100 for an A*
(on each paper)
Reply 23
Original post by kgweasley
The grade boundaries aren't that low its around (raw marks) 48/100 for a D 58/100 for a C 68/100 - B 78/100 - A then 88/100 for an A*
(on each paper)

It's not that high. I know for certain it's not that high.

The general boundaries from what I heard is

Max 40% - C
Max 60% - B
Max 70% - A

By Max I mean that is the maximum the grade boundary might be for that grade
Reply 24
Original post by wb25
It's not that high. I know for certain it's not that high.

The general boundaries from what I heard is

Max 40% - C
Max 60% - B
Max 70% - A

By Max I mean that is the maximum the grade boundary might be for that grade

Are you sure? the only place I can find anywhere that will me the grade boundaries is on the word document I downloaded from WJEC's website, I've been worrying over how high they are for ages. If it is lower than I first thought then thank god!
Reply 25
Last year you genuinely needed 20% for a C! Then it went up in 15% each time, so an A* was 65%!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
How many marks was the highest commen factor and lowest common multiple questions? Just realised I got them both wrong. Done so badly in yesterday's paper. I hope the grade boundaries are low!
Reply 27
They were two each so 4! The highest common factor was 15 and the lowest common multiple was 630!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
What a crazy paper. It was so ridiculously hard, it was laughable. Did anybody do a simultaneous equation for the dimensions question? If so, what values did u use?
Reply 29
Yes I got the answers 6.5 and 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
ahhhh I am so annoyed at myself. I only counted the two sides of the diagram, I didn't do the perimeter. So I did 3x+4y=55 instead of 6x+8y=55. That is going to bug me so much
Reply 31
No mention of the foundation paper??
Reply 32
Original post by MLANGFORD
ahhhh I am so annoyed at myself. I only counted the two sides of the diagram, I didn't do the perimeter. So I did 3x+4y=55 instead of 6x+8y=55. That is going to bug me so much

I done the same as you! Do you reckon we will pick up marks though?
Reply 33
Original post by Sh4hid96
I done the same as you! Do you reckon we will pick up marks though?

If the examiner's feeling generous, maybe like 1 mark, but in all honesty, I highly doubt it. Sad times
Reply 34
Original post by MLANGFORD
If the examiner's feeling generous, maybe like 1 mark, but in all honesty, I highly doubt it. Sad times

Oh well. Hopefully grade boundaries are low, what do you think an a will be?
Reply 35
Original post by Sh4hid96
Oh well. Hopefully grade boundaries are low, what do you think an a will be?

Well, combined with your paper 2 score, 110/200 is an A! So, you just aim to do better in the next paper. I'm hoping for an A* (even though it's probably not going to happen) so I need to get like 80+ on the next paper!!!:eek:
Reply 36
Think I did bad, thinking back I have made stupid mistakes which I really shouldn't have made. Need to do really well on paper 2 I'm praying its easier than paper 1 was:frown:
My students found it hard too!

The answer to the circle theorem question is 90 - x

4x is not going to get you 4 marks here I am afraid.

For the simultaneous equation question, the dimensions were 6.5 and 2.

The area of the rectangle was 12560 cm^2

The distance travelled at the end was 9.5m

The acceleration was roughly 1.4 m/s^2

The pig question was xy/z with the assumption that each pig ate the same amount of food.

Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on paper 2 :smile: It will be nice!
The Foundation paper was very nice!
Reply 39
I was really hoping for a nice standard equations page, but nope haha! What kind of questions does everybody think will come up on paper 2?

Latest

Trending

Trending