The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Access Course - Confirmation of results?

edit:

No replies, I see.

For anybody who comes across this thread, I'll let you know what I did.

I didn't receive any correspondence from Queen's whatsoever. Ulster, on the other hand, emailed me a form to complete and attach my results to.

I received my Access results on the 28/06/13 (I studied at Northern Regional College). I rang Queen's admissions on the day I received my results and I was able to hand my results over in person to the admissions office (situated inside the Lanyon building) .

I hope some of you find this useful!

edit 2:

http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/NewStudents/FileStore/AccessCourseNotificationofResultsform/Filetoupload,242417,en.pdf

QUB deadline = 19/07/13
UU deadline = 31/07/13

------------------------------------

Hi!

I've recently completed my Access course and am due to receive my results this Friday.

I've applied for QUB and UU, however, only UU have contacted me regarding how I'm supposed to send the universities my results.

I've heard nothing from QUB.

Just wondering if anyone knows how I'm supposed to send them my results, or knows when they're going to provide this information.

The deadline for sending results to UU is the 31st July. I would have thought Queens would be similar and that they would be sending this information out by now. :s-smilie:

Ty!

- G
(edited 10 years ago)
Is there a deadline? I haven't been informed of this, or when I will get my results, thanks for posting and I will phone both Queens and Belfast Met tomorrow to check it out.
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by Stephanie_12
Is there a deadline? I haven't been informed of this, or when I will get my results, thanks for posting and I will phone both Queens and Belfast Met tomorrow to check it out.

The deadline I received from Ulster was 31/07/13. They have maintained frequent contact with me over the academic year, but then again, they also validate my course, which is perhaps why.

I haven't received any information from Queen's whatsoever, even at this point (at the exception of a generic letter - sent to all applicants holding CF/CI offers - containing information about things not related to results at all i.e. accommodation, etc). So I couldn't tell you about their deadlines (if any exist).

My advice to anybody who is awaiting Access results is to become a nuisance to your college. I had the luxury of having a very informative personal tutor, but I still had to 'hound' the reception at my college to get my results. Regarding university admissions (especially QUB applicants): do NOT wait for the universities to contact YOU. The onus is on you to deliver your results to them, as UCAS don't do it for you. Find out how you're supposed to deliver your results and always quote the person you were speaking with.

To reiterate: I was able to deliver my results to QUB in person. UU sent me an email with a form to fill out and attach my results to. I sent my results off on the 28/06/13 - I still haven't heard from QUB, however, Ulster have sent me a letter to say they have received my results.

Good luck.
(edited 10 years ago)

Hey, thank you for this, I actually went up to queens after I got my results the other morning and they said their systems were down and asked me to bring my results back on Monday . I didn't know that this form existed however, so thank you for your help.
Reply 5
I sent a photo copy of my results straight through to their admissions office and my ucas update shortly after to reflect that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending