The Student Room Group

Self-taught AS Biology? Any exam boards without a biology practical?

Hi,
At my current school we use OCR gateway for science. And triple science (So modules B5,B6,C5,C6,P5 and P6) were all taught in 15 minutes of form time, 3 times a week. Obvoiusly we did not have time to complete this and as a result I have had to pretty much had to learn all of B5 and B6 at home , from the revision guide, in the two days before the exam. I managed this and found that I actually understood all the information.
I had wanted to take Biology A-Level but did not have enough time. So I was wondering if anyone knows any exam boards which have no coursework so I could do likewise for biology. I am not too bothered if my grade is not that good I would just like to learn it myself.
I know taht AS would be much harder but without wishing to be arrogant I think that if I can learn half a GCSE in two days. The I could amnage an As over an entrie year. Obviously if it is not an option of mine tehnI could not do a controlled assesment or practical at school and so does anyone know an examboard with no coursework or an alternative palce where I coudl jsut do the practicl and exam?
Thanks a lot
Doubt there is one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Edexcel does have coursework but you generally pick your own topic so wouldn't need to do it in school anyway. AS coursework is just a discussion on anything you like really, A2 you are meant to do some form of experiment and collect data. Both should be relatively easy without the school help if you yourself send it off...
Reply 3
Some exam centres allow external candidates to sit the practicals there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending