The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel Higher Grade Boundaries 2013.

Hey guys...
So I sat the non calculator maths exam Tuesday and think I did okay, not particularly great but I think I may have just got a C at a push.. (I sit the calculator paper Friday and usually do better in those anyway, averaging about 45-50 marks)
I know that's it's difficult to say at the moment but do any of you guys have a prediction of the grade boundaries for the higher maths exam (edexcel) based on previous grade boundaries and how hard the exam was?
I know usually it's around 57-65/200 for a C and about 99-110/200 for a B, so does anybody have any estimate or predictions for this years?
You've pretty much said the predictions :smile: I would assume 57..a lot of people said the exams have gotten harder. The boundries might go down..who's to know :smile: We'll find out in August!

Hope you do okay! I didn't do very well in non-calculator :frown:
It's normally around 60 for a C, 90 for a B, 130 for an A and 160 for an A*. So glad I got the grade I wanted in March and didn't have to sit it in June.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgelewiss
It's normally around 60 for a C, 90 for a B, 130 for an A and 160 for an A*. So glad I got the grade I wanted in March and didn't have to sit it in June.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're talking about the modular paper unit 3; then around 140/160 is A*

Overall it is always:
360 A*
320 A
280 B
240 C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I reckon it'll be higher than last year as both papers were pretty straightforward

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I did it last year (a year early) and got an A* and remember the boundary was 164 for an A* and I heard from my maths teacher the papers were a lot harder this year, so maybe 160 for an A*? Sorry for not being able to help with anything lower but I never learnt them as with my set we were all predicted to get A*s

Quick Reply

Latest