Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i know it's not the right part of the forum but there's no-one answering in the "serious" part and i really need your help...now so could u plz tell me which transitions or other linking phrases should I use to introduce an example in a cause & effect essay?
    thx in advance
    Annie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzy_girl)
    hi,
    i know it's not the right part of the forum but there's no-one answering in the "serious" part and i really need your help...now so could u plz tell me which transitions or other linking phrases should I use to introduce an example in a cause & effect essay?
    thx in advance
    Annie
    I don't know whether I interpret your question correctly... Anyway, here goes:

As a result...

Therefore...

Henceforth...

In similar fashion, it would result in...

Subsequently, it would lead to...

Based on the above...

It would be assumed that...

It would be concluded that...

It would be submitted that...

There's actually alot and it's quite flexible... i feel...

I don't know, but my lecturer told me that I shouldn't use the word 'I' in an essay... Hope I got what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Nevertheless
    For this reason
    Consequently
    However

ReputationRep:
    If your material is slightly equivocal, go for:

It appears that
    It seems that
    This appears to indicate that
    This could imply that

Is this an A Level or university essay?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.