Lynnie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Just wandering what you peps are using as case studies
i got 2003 heatwave for anticyclone and lynmouth floods for depression i need more ahhhhh
ems33
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
1987 storm for depression? i spent today doing depression/anticyclone theory, 2moro wil be case studies!
toto8462
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think we can all remember anticlones/depressions from each year we go by. There is no harm in using local case studies. Job done.
blondemoment
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
2003 heatwave on france especially,loads of granniesgot left by their children in paris as the family went on holiday in the summer, they came back to find loads had popped it due to the heat
toto8462
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by blondemoment)
2003 heatwave on france especially,loads of granniesgot left by their children in paris as the family went on holiday in the summer, they came back to find loads had popped it due to the heat
I would pay you to write it exactly like that in the exam. Fantastic. I would love to read your revision notes!
Lynnie
Rep:
?
lol cheers guys will look at the 1987 storm keep the suggestions rolling in. Today is forest ecosystem and synoptic chart day for me. My head is just spinning with geography now
blondemoment
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by toto8462)
I would pay you to write it exactly like that in the exam. Fantastic. I would love to read your revision notes!
i'm sure i could word it differently!.. The trend of the elderly dying due to dehydration increased significantly in France due to the tradition of the residents in the north departing to the south for the summer weeks, which meant that a percentage of the elderly were left unattended, and, as a result, the unfortunated deaths of some occured...sounds a bit better

Ha! My revision notes? well im a mine of useless information, but seriously i have to engage with the iformation on a human level if you get me or i don't take notice!:p:
blondemoment
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh and Lynnie, i think [my opinion so therefore not official] that synoptic charts might come up this year, they haven't for absolutely ages and they make a point about them in the syllabus
Lynnie
Rep:
?
so what for that is it just interpretting them and saying what the weather is likely to be, cuz i suck at that
UnchangeableHyp
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For edexcel b I am I correct to say we don't actually have to know the synoptic symbols? I think we just need familiarity with them as they will provide them in a key in an exam yes?

Anyway for all those that need help with interpreting synoptic charts and anything to do with weather and climate the UK Met Office site is absolutely brilliant http://www.metoffice.com/education/higher/index.html
They also have great case studies for both anticyclones and depressions.
Lynnie
Rep:
?
You little gem, cheers very much x
WillBide
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.11%
1 (69)
13.72%
2 (65)
12.92%
20.48%
20.28%
5 (88)
17.5%

Watched Threads