The Student Room Group

EE Apprenticeship Scheme Retail Interview/Assessment Day ?

Hi I have applied for a EE Apprenticeship Retail Scheme. I have got through the initial short listing applications (stage 1), a telephone interview (stage 2) and am now at the final and last stage. My interview is next week and I spoke to Recruitment Team who said that my interview would split into 2 parts I would have to give a 5 minute presentation on a topic they give me on the day and then I will have a formal interview. I want to know if anybody has done this before and can give me some advice as I have got so far in the application process and would love to get the job. This will my first formal interview ever and also I am quite nervous about this "5 minute speech" any/comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hi, I've also got this interview however for a different sector in EE. What was it like and what did they ask you? Would be grateful for a few tips.
Thanks.
Reply 2
Hi I had my assessment day a few days ago. I was told to go to a Holiday Inn and I arrived and was let to a function room there was many staff from EE there from HR, Store Managers, Area Managers, Regional Sales Managers ect. We were then given a brief talk about the company and its aims like how it is the first LTE company in the UK and how it is the largest mobile network and as my role was retail they did mention about customer service and how important it is to them. We were then led a way to private hotel rooms where we were given 10 minutes to prepare a presentation on a topic of our choice. Then an interviewer came in and I gave my presentation he then commenced the interview he asked things like what do you know about the company? What would you do in this situation ? Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? pretty standard interview questions. We were then let back to the function were they told us if we were successful we should be notified by Friday 21 however when I was phoned about getting my interview I was told I would not hear back until the following week? they said if you were unsuccessful they would still ring and give you feedback. They said that they also always try and place you closest to home. The Senior Man (one running the open day) walked us out to the entrance and said goodbye. I have to say everone was really nice and I think I do OK so I hope I have got the job. Good Luck to you/hope this helps If you want to ask anything else let me know
Reply 3
By the way I found out today (2 days after my interview/assessment) that I have been successful and offered one of the positions as a Retail Consultant Apprentice :smile: XD
Reply 4
Hi mate, thanks for the tips appreciate it and congratulations on getting the role! I've got my interview on Thursday, what did you include in the presentation and what was your presentation on? Mines just on why they should employ me?
Thanks again.
Reply 5
I was told on the phone when I was told I was successful in the Phone Interview and had a Interview / Assessment that ' I would be given a topic on the day and it was only 5 mins and no preparation was needed and that I would have 10 mins prep time' However on the day we were told our presentation could be on anything? We were given a 2 page information pack basically outlining the task asking us to include why we find interesting?, How much time do we spend on it? ect. I gave my presentation on mobile phones and the impact of them, but we were told on the day It could be on anything. I am soo happy being offered position as the Salary is excellent for a 16 year old School Leaver who has no qualifications (As GCSE Results Will Be Issued In August) but also for such a large organisation. I have been informed that I will be contacted next week to find out about where I will be based and given more information and about generating my contract and having to sign and also about references. When You attend the day you do have to sign a form about if your unsuccessful they hold your details for so long and that you dont have any criminal convictions. Cant Wait to find out more :smile:
Reply 6
Hi mate,

In regards to stage 2 (Telephone Interview), what questions did they ask? I have mine in a few days time and it would be really helpful to know what to expect.

Original post by jamesdude11
Hi I have applied for a EE Apprenticeship Retail Scheme. I have got through the initial short listing applications (stage 1), a telephone interview (stage 2) and am now at the final and last stage. My interview is next week and I spoke to Recruitment Team who said that my interview would split into 2 parts I would have to give a 5 minute presentation on a topic they give me on the day and then I will have a formal interview. I want to know if anybody has done this before and can give me some advice as I have got so far in the application process and would love to get the job. This will my first formal interview ever and also I am quite nervous about this "5 minute speech" any/comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I'm going in for my interview tomorrow and I'm really nervous about what to put into it and say? Please could you give me some ideas? Xx
Reply 8
A heads up to anybody reading this and is considering to apply for the EE retail apprenticeship. From my own experience there are some pros but I feel the cons outweigh the pros significantly. Depending at what store you're based in, the majority based on what other apprentices have told me are the same. My colleagues are lovely ,discounts are great, the uniform and the fact you can use your phone on the shop floor and that's about it.
When you're hitting targets it's all fine but even then they expect you to exceed them and are never really satisfied. The offers, some are good but most are overpriced compared to what you can get outside (accessories are the biggest rip off) so you do feel as if you're ripping off customers sometimes. You usually leave 30 mins to 1 hour after your shift ends. You'll notice a lot of complaints from customers (most of whom are very stubborn and don't respect you) but some you feel sympathy for because they have been given poor service especially with the broadband. Managers tend to pile unnecessary pressure on you, it's all about sale sale sale regardless of the customers situation. The store targets tend to be very high combined with you being told to charge the customers a little extra so you can add more items to the receipt. I can't blame them entirely because it is those above them who set the targets and don't know how it actually is on the shop floor and they don't seem to be aware they're breeding unethical practice. They do try to overwork you and put you in for extra shifts so be aware of that. Worst thing is the apprentice scheme you get paid nothing compared to your colleagues who talk about money non stop and this is for 15 months is when you get a new starter coming in with no previous experience they're already above you in terms of pay and position so that will get to your head. To sum it up for me it drains you physically and mentally and those of you who wish to be ethical which is good you'll find that this job is quite unethical and will test you morally.

I'm glad I've left. Take my points into consideration because it's what quite a lot of the apprentices have felt so it's the reality of the job. Feel free to ask any questions.
Reply 9
Hi, what discounts did you get while working at EE?
Hi for the appreciation do you get 5.75 and commission on top for sales? How much commission? And what discounts d you get

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending