rock music linked with violence

Watch
This discussion is closed.
mediastudent
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
do you agree with those that say rock music and the violent lyrics that are accociated with it are a cause of violent behaviour in youths? If so or not, why? Thanx.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Associated with, possibly. But most definately not a cause.
People with the mind set for violence will be violent with or without any external factor, although it may enhance this tendancy, or serve as a catalyst.
However, it can also reduce violence, as listening to it gives a psychological output of violence without the action, reducing violent behaviour.

Peter Andre however, is a great cause of violence...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It depends what you mean by rock music.
nicole uk
Report 16 years ago
violent behaviour in youths is not at all caused by the lyrics used in rock music!!they perform violent behaviour because they want to!!the reason why nobody knows!!xx
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree the amount of times I spend listening to depressing music however it dosn't make me feel depressed and want to commit suciede.

Its like scallies who drink too much and start vandalising stuff when they've had too much to drink, the drink is only the exlerant of their actions. I've been drunk loads of times and never caused any trouble.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads