The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

CAS

I'm an international student and I was just wondering if anyone has received a CAS yet from the University. :smile:
Hi! Haven't received mine yet but they did send me an email asking for my passport details etc so they could send it to me. They should send it along soon enough^^
Btw where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Hey, been waiting for my CAS for forever :rolleyes:. I even sent an email some weeks ago and was basically told it would take a couple of weeks. Has anyone by any chance got their CAS yet?
Yeah I got mine a couple of days ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unis will be processing CAS numbers atm but they will only be able to do so if you have paid your deposit, have a passport that isn't going to expire any time soon and also have your email. They know when you need it for and they will get it to you by then, most international students at the majority of UK universities won't have recieved their CAS yet.
I've got mine, but I didn't get it until I emailed asking for it, after that I had it within 2 days
Reply 6
Original post by unionthesalmon
Yeah I got mine a couple of days ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Is the CAS notification received via MyEd considered an official document to be submitted to UKBA?

thanks!
Reply 7
do we have to have a deposit in already?
Reply 8
YEAH. I was not aware that you had to pay the deposit first in order to get the CAS number...IF THIS IS THE CASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I NEED TO PAY IT ASAP THEN )X
It's sent to your euclid mail box. I didnt have to do anything but mail back the passport details they asked for. I dont think you need to pay a deposit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saryachan
do we have to have a deposit in already?

Original post by saryachan
YEAH. I was not aware that you had to pay the deposit first in order to get the CAS number...IF THIS IS THE CASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I NEED TO PAY IT ASAP THEN )X

Original post by unionthesalmon
It's sent to your euclid mail box. I didnt have to do anything but mail back the passport details they asked for. I dont think you need to pay a deposit

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it says in your offer conditions that you need to pay a deposit then you need to pay one before you will go unconditional firm. Not all courses at all universities ask for a deposit but a lot do because it costs the university a not insignificant amount to issue a CAS as the UKBA charge. Therefore they need commitment from the student.

If you are unsure about deposits (for example if you recieved an offer early in the cycle when decisions about deposits may not have been made) then check the student fees pages to see if your course requires one.

If you have any other conditions of your offer outstanding (eg academic results or English tests) then the university will not be able to issue a CAS until they have these.
Reply 11
I applied late and was only made an offer last week. I accepted, and sent a note saying that I wanted to get a CAS as soon as possible since the visa deadline was fast approaching. I think because of the timing, they sent me a CAS very soon after I inquired despite not having sent them my passport or made a deposit. Hopefully the UKBA doesn't think my application is shady since it shows that I have not paid a deposit.

The EUCLID portal CAS notification says that it isn't necessary to send the CAS allocation e-mail, but I sent it along just because it made me feel a little better.

Quick Reply

Latest