arsenal Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kurdt Morello
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Keane still has more experience and intelligence in the position, but i would have to concede that because of Keane's age, Viera is marginally better.

Duff is good, and in a couple of years, when Giggs is a bit older, and Duff's a bit more experienced, he will be better.
But right now, giggs is the better player, and even with the more rarity of his 'spark', i honestly cant think of a better left winger.
Scholes is underperforming in international games, but is still playing well for united, and certainly not anonymous.
Well, its easy to say that, when 1999 was the treble year, and it was hard for Man U to reperform at that level, but Nistelrooy is miles better than Yorke and Cole were.
And with the purchase of Saha, i think Man U can have a brilliant partnership up front again.
Stam had to go, in my opinion.
He may have been good, but he didn't have the right personality for Man U, and Blanc was past his best when he was signed.
good points i may be an Arsenal fan but i am not a bigot - in any case i am just happy Arsenal are doing so well this season
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
i'm not a fan of any prem clubs tbh although i do old a special hatred of Man U, sorry

but I agree about Ronaldo, he has been immense lately and on his day nobody can stop him, he is so fast! i think as he matures he will cut out the silly diving and his crossing will improve and he will turn out to be one of the best.

Ronaldo doesn't dive too often.
Hes mainly taken down by players who can't deal with him.
And his crossing is pretty good already, although i don't think he's the sort of player who'll play the same way as beckham, and therefore will concentrate more on other aspects of his game.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, in theory, yes, thats all well and good.
But refs are biased against united, and biased towards arsenal, and that has been hapenning for a couple of seasons now, and i would attribute that to the FA, who are unhappy about the size of Man U.
lol
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ronaldo doesn't dive too often.
Hes mainly taken down by players who can't deal with him.
And his crossing is pretty good already, although i don't think he's the sort of player who'll play the same way as beckham, and therefore will concentrate more on other aspects of his game.
as long as he doesnt get burnt out he can become a truly great player
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, in theory, yes, thats all well and good.
But refs are biased against united, and biased towards arsenal, and that has been hapenning for a couple of seasons now, and i would attribute that to the FA, who are unhappy about the size of Man U.
that is rubbish and the so called 'battle of old trafford' proved the fa to be biased against Arsenal.

as has been mentioned, what about the Henry brillaince against Blackburn(wrongly disallowed)

or the 2 clear cut penalties against Bolton denied

or the Matt Holland dive against them given as a pen

it all evens out in the end of the season but there is no way arsenal are undefeated purely on bias officials
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
lol
y0u alright GImpy?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Hopefully the rest of the squad will grow in strength as well which will allow Man U to challenge Arsenal and once again become the dominant force in the Premier League.
I would say that Man U are still the dominant force in the Premier League, although there bad luck this season hasn't shown it.
But next season, hopefully Man U won't have the defensive problems with injuries and the like, and we can see a well fought league.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"Ronaldo doesn't dive too often"

i agree that he does get hacked a lot but to be fair the way he flings himself to the ground at the slightest contact has already earnt him a reputation.

doesn't take away the fact that he is a superb player though
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would say that Man U are still the dominant force in the Premier League, although there bad luck this season hasn't shown it.
But next season, hopefully Man U won't have the defensive problems with injuries and the like, and we can see a well fought league.
they have made some pretty dodgy purchases this season - simply havent made the grade - Djemba-Djemba par exemple
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yay 3200 (again)
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that is rubbish and the so called 'battle of old trafford' proved the fa to be biased against Arsenal.

as has been mentioned, what about the Henry brillaince against Blackburn(wrongly disallowed)

or the 2 clear cut penalties against Bolton denied

or the Matt Holland dive against them given as a pen

it all evens out in the end of the season but there is no way arsenal are undefeated purely on bias officials
Hahaha!!!
Arsenal were let off lightly in my opinion.
Man U behaved well in that game, even in the coming together of the teams, and Arsenal were awfully unsportsmanlike.

Yes, there have been cases where arsenal have been hard done by, but the times they have been given the benefit of the refs decision outweighs that from what i can see.
And i would go as far as to say that they would not be unbeaten if it wasn't for the refs.
I would not say though that they still wouldn't be leading the premiership.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
they have made some pretty dodgy purchases this season - simply havent made the grade - Djemba-Djemba par exemple
Yes I agree, I just hope that this summer, Sir Alex can remedy some of the squad frailties with some proper signings.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Djemba-Djemba was meant as a back up player, and it did make me wonder at the start why Fergie kept playing him.
But Djemba-Djemba is a reasonable squad player, and means that Man U don't have to rely on their youth side, brilliant as it is, to cover the first team.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hahaha!!!
Arsenal were let off lightly in my opinion.
Man U behaved well in that game, even in the coming together of the teams, and Arsenal were awfully unsportsmanlike.

Yes, there have been cases where arsenal have been hard done by, but the times they have been given the benefit of the refs decision outweighs that from what i can see.
And i would go as far as to say that they would not be unbeaten if it wasn't for the refs.
I would not say though that they still wouldn't be leading the premiership.
I think Arsenal got what the deserved appart from Campbell being punished for RVN's over reaction.

i'm amazed nothing was done about the initial challenge on Campbell which was a sending off offence, Silvestre also appeared to Stamp on Lauren which went un noticed.

Arsenal probably deserved punishment but Man U got of lightly imo.

also does anyone reckon that had that been Leicester v Boro for example then nothing would be done?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"Ronaldo doesn't dive too often"

i agree that he does get hacked a lot but to be fair the way he flings himself to the ground at the slightest contact has already earnt him a reputation.

doesn't take away the fact that he is a superb player though
He doesn't fling himself around.
Players make intentionally bad tackles on him, and because of the 'reputation' thats been created for him unjustly, these fouls are not being properly punished.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
He doesn't fling himself around.
Players make intentionally bad tackles on him, and because of the 'reputation' thats been created for him unjustly, these fouls are not being properly punished.
i agree he gets douled a bit but surely even the most biased Man U fan can admit that he does like a roll around on the turf a fair bit
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Arsenal got what the deserved appart from Campbell being punished for RVN's over reaction.

i'm amazed nothing was done about the initial challenge on Campbell which was a sending off offence, Silvestre also appeared to Stamp on Lauren which went un noticed.

Arsenal probably deserved punishment but Man U got of lightly imo.

also does anyone reckon that had that been Leicester v Boro for example then nothing would be done?
I think Keown in particular got off way too lightly, as he was the catalyst for it being nothing more that a regular heated match between the two.

No, i think because of the nature of what happened, the FA would have taken action between any two teams, but i think that the media wouldn't have made such an issue of it.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i agree he gets douled a bit but surely even the most biased Man U fan can admit that he does like a roll around on the turf a fair bit
I am not a biased fan, and i can see that he doesn't.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Yes I agree, I just hope that this summer, Sir Alex can remedy some of the squad frailties with some proper signings.
Hopefully they won't get bogged down in going after a single player a la Ronaldinhio.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
"No, i think because of the nature of what happened, the FA would have taken action between any two teams, but i think that the media wouldn't have made such an issue of it."

very good point, I think the media reaction influenced the FA as well

on the field keown is a twat, off the field he is a great bloke(his parents live nect to my grandad) and I have met him and he seemed cool.

he always acts like an arse on the pitch and he and RVN(who is in no way innocent himself) seem to have some sort of grudge going on.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise