The Student Room Group

Evidence - Please help!

I just applied for student finance today and it says my app is being processed. It wanted me to send evidence but I ticked the boxes that I don't have the evidence.

DO I need to send the evidence or will they just delay the application for further checks?

Please help!

Thanks for any advice.

[h="3"]

Reply 1
Here is what my account page says.

[h="1"]Your student finance application[/h]

[h="2"]Your application details and next steps[/h]
Your application for student finance has been successfully submitted.
If you were asked to provide evidence items in support of your application, please send these as soon as possible to avoid delays in processing your application.

[h="3"]Your Next Steps[/h]You need to send in evidence so that Student Finance England can progress your application. To view what evidence is still required please check the evidence category. If you have sent in evidence to Student Finance England by post Student Finance England will review your evidence and update this page. If you haven't heard anything after 20 working days, please contact Student Finance England.

[h="3"]Your Application status[/h]Your application is currently being processed. Come back to this screen soon to check what is happening with your application. Use the "My Account" screen to keep your address, bank details and passwords up to date.

[h="3"]Tell Student Finance about a change in your circumstances[/h]Changing your application
You should tell Student Finance England about the following changes in your circumstances:

Your application details, such as your family or residency information

Your course or place of study

The amount you are borrowing

If you are leaving, taking a break or returning to study

These changes may affect the student finance you get.
Make changes to your 2013/14 application

[h="3"]Your student finance - breakdown[/h]The table below shows the amount(s) of student finance you are requesting, and the maximum amounts you may be entitled to. You have chosen to provide your household income infomation.
TypeAmount requestedAmount you're entitled to
Maintenance LoanMaximum£2,914.00
Tuition Fee LoanMaximum£5,295.00
HE Maintenance GrantN/A£3,354.00

[h="3"]Your application summary[/h]Date your application was submitted: 13/06/2013
Date your application was created: 28/05/2013
View your 2013/14 originally submitted details(pdf)- opens new window

[h="3"]Voluntary information[/h]If you answer the voluntary questions, we will use the information to help us develop our policies in the future. Whether or not you answer will not affect our assessment of your entitlement to support.

The magic word is IF!
Original post by HarryPotterz
I just applied for student finance today and it says my app is being processed. It wanted me to send evidence but I ticked the boxes that I don't have the evidence.

DO I need to send the evidence or will they just delay the application for further checks?

Please help!

Thanks for any advice.

If the system is asking for evidence the assessors almost always need it. If you ticked the box to say you don't have the evidence requested, you should call SFE to discuss alternatives.

Common forms of evidence required are ID evidence, evidence that you only have one parental sponsor, or evidence of independence if you are applying on that basis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending