The Student Room Group

Writing down holidays book in the next 6 months on job application?

I'm on holiday in September for 9/10 days. I'm applying for a job that asks me for any holidays I have booked in the next 6 months. Will my September holiday ruin my chances of getting this job? It's at Co Op by the way, part time.
It won't ruin your chances at all :smile: I had to do this in my old job at primark. If you tell them at the start they should honour it, and are less likely to make you take holidays to cover the time as they know its been booked for ages
Original post by mariocasas
I'm on holiday in September for 9/10 days. I'm applying for a job that asks me for any holidays I have booked in the next 6 months. Will my September holiday ruin my chances of getting this job? It's at Co Op by the way, part time.

It shouldnt ruin your chances. The holiday was booked before you applied for the job, and you are telling them about it when applying for the job, so they should honour it. The holiday is 3 months away anyway so its plenty of chance for them to get cover etc for when you are away.
Unlikely to have an impact. Have you not booked your ski trip in February yet?
Reply 4
barnetlad;43167197]Unlikely to have an impact. Have you not booked your ski trip in February yet?

hi ino this is totally off subject but iv got a weekend job at primark.. N I duno if its temp or permanent because it doesn't say on offer letter but ino im on 3 months probation.. What does this mean? I really want a permanent job.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending