Dots.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, do you know where I can get examples of coursework that has been done over the past years for AQA COMP4?

Thanks
m00c0w
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Came here looking for exactly the same thing. My year is the first time my school has done Computing, so we have no coursework examples to guide us in the right direction.
Damask-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is mine from last year, it got 74/80 UMS so I guess it's as good a place to start as any if you're feeling daunted.

Edit: Apparently on the teaching resources section of the AQA website (you need a login) there are examples of past projects. I found two from my old college's Moodle: This one got an A, and this one got a C.
pleasedtobeatyou
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Damask-)
This is mine from last year, it got 74/80 UMS so I guess it's as good a place to start as any if you're feeling daunted.

Edit: Apparently on the teaching resources section of the AQA website (you need a login) there are examples of past projects. I found two from my old college's Moodle: This one got an A, and this one got a C.
Wow your project is really good. I barely scraped an A with 65/80 for my one and it was far poorer than yours.

Either I should have got less UMS or you should have got more
jt663
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pleasedtobeatyou)
Wow your project is really good. I barely scraped an A with 65/80 for my one and it was far poorer than yours.

Either I should have got less UMS or you should have got more

Could you maybe post yours? I'm doing mine at the moment and its not the best. Just want to see what quality I need to get a decent mark
pleasedtobeatyou
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jt663)
Here you go. Looking back retrospectively, I would have given myself ~60 for this - maybe less.

Some extra info for you as well, the user guide was marked poor but the technical solution was marked excellent.
Nuvertion
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pleasedtobeatyou)
Here you go. Looking back retrospectively, I would have given myself ~60 for this - maybe less.

Some extra info for you as well, the user guide was marked poor but the technical solution was marked excellent.
What grade did you get for it?
yosemitevalley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any Non data related examples? I am not using any data bases and I don't know what to do in Analysis instead.
username2003215
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
After the summer I will also start my comp4 project, But I have no idea what language to use. I have used python last year but want to move away from it and use something that is way better at creating Gui's or web-interfaces. So what language would you advise me to use for a project that will probably contain databases, web development and nice Gui's? I have been looking at java, c++ and c# but I cannot make a choice
Jabberjay_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by justjort)
After the summer I will also start my comp4 project, But I have no idea what language to use. I have used python last year but want to move away from it and use something that is way better at creating Gui's or web-interfaces. So what language would you advise me to use for a project that will probably contain databases, web development and nice Gui's? I have been looking at java, c++ and c# but I cannot make a choice
What are you doing for your project?
Davi1429
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
this project is out of this world, I can learn from it and I bet I can get a good grade, thank you man.
uyjryuj
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
youre bad
Filipo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Project Submitted. Let's hope for the best!
kairb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lets see it
kairb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Filipo)
Project Submitted. Let's hope for the best!
can you send me a link pls
and here's mine, very far behind, any improvements that u can suggest?
Imperator_Magnus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would recommend C# to anyone doing COMP4 because C++ is slightly harder and less clear, whereas Java doesn't have the brilliant Visual Studio IDE, and is also probably less clear.
Imperator_Magnus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by justjort)
I would recommend C# to anyone doing COMP4 because C++ is slightly harder and less clear, whereas Java doesn't have the brilliant Visual Studio IDE, and is also probably less clear.
The-Hof123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So, what sorts of things can you do for the COMP4, I'm only in yr 12 at the moment, but thought I'd start thinking about it. Like can I make a game, or a phone app, or a website, or just a program, and roughly how many lines of code are needed???
The-Hof123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Or could I build and program a robot for the comp4?
kairb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got 57 marks for mine

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads