The Student Room Group

officially mature students!

My husband and I are officially mature students! I'm studying Foundation Humanities to go on and study History after year 1 and he's studying Social Studies do go on and study Psych and counselling. Very daunting leaving full time employment to do so but luckily our local uni have a foundation course which is the same as access as well as access where you can get student finance as it counts as a foundation year of a degree. we are nearly 31 and nearly 36 respectively. How are you all? Whose studying what in September? :eek:
Reply 1
Hey, I'm 27 and left full time employment to study also, picked a variety of courses at hull, grimsby and liverpool again the foundation degrees in English, Counselling and psychology! where abouts are you studying? x
Reply 2
Hi lolly we're in Newport, south Wales x its daunting isn't it! X
Original post by mel-chap
Hi lolly we're in Newport, south Wales x its daunting isn't it! X

I am 24, my partner ( who is not a student but is moving to be nearer me, hopefully ) is 37 in September. I am studying in South Wales too - Lampeter! :smile:
Reply 4
It's very daunting especially as mature students! But we'll be alright :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by FilmNerd1989
I am 24, my partner ( who is not a student but is moving to be nearer me, hopefully ) is 37 in September. I am studying in South Wales too - Lampeter! :smile:

lampeter is hardly south :0D good luck and hope the move goes well!
Reply 6
Original post by Vinnytaf
Hi. I'm 34 and will be studying Criminology at Northampton this Sept. I just hope there will be at least another 1 or 2 mature students in my class so I have someone I may be able to relate to. Fingers crossed.

hopefully there will be vinny i think myself and my hubby were the oldest that applied!
Original post by mel-chap
lampeter is hardly south :0D good luck and hope the move goes well!

Ah, well I class Caernarfon as North Wales, and everything south of that as South Wales :3
Hiya,

My partner,45,is just finishing his Access Science course and is going to Uni to do a degree in Marine Biology in September. I'm just in the process of applying for the Access to Nursing course for this September and I'm 42 in August!

Good luck to you both!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I'm 28 and about to study physics at Durham. Statistics show mature students often achieve higher results than younger peers (coz we're old and can't keep up with the partying :P lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hey, 28 here and doing physics with a foundation year at Aberystwyth in September. I've been in a job I don't enjoy for too long so I'm looking forward to trying something new!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Nice to be in good company!
Reply 12
Hey, am 24 (Turn 25 during Freshers week) and studying Archaeology at Trinity Saint David in September. Good to know theres a fair amount of mature students on here.
Reply 13
Original post by aesir22
I'm 28 and about to study physics at Durham. Statistics show mature students often achieve higher results than younger peers (coz we're old and can't keep up with the partying :P lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol that sounds about right ^_~
Reply 14
I'm 26 and will be studying English Literature and Creative Writing at university of Chichester in September...scary stuff! got the added pressure of going into the second year, so everyone will already know each other, and I'll feel even more out of place! :s-smilie:
I'm doing foundation too! I'm studying at Derby University and am taking History, Business and American Studies! My chosen degree is Tourism Management :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Has anyone been asked to sit a mature student entrance exam? Thanks :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by dwebster86
Has anyone been asked to sit a mature student entrance exam? Thanks :smile:

Yes. They ask you how to record a song off the radio onto a cassette tape, if you can name three Wombles and if you can sing Chris Issak's Wicked Game.
Reply 18
Not sure that would be relevant to a business and accounting degree, if only :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by Clip
Yes. They ask you how to record a song off the radio onto a cassette tape, if you can name three Wombles and if you can sing Chris Issak's Wicked Game.

that made me chuckle lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending