The Student Room Group

Physics EPQ Topic Ideas

I have decided to do an EPQ preferably in the field of Physics and Mathematics, I have been trying to come up with some ideas but I am struggling to think of anything which enough content to fill a 5000 word essay which will still be a narrow enough subject to keep me on track.

I have though of an EPQ on the colonization of Mars, But I am not sure how much their would be to say about this as I believe a lot of this is already being researched so a lot of what I say would not be new, does anyone have any ideas?
Original post by JRFishers
I have decided to do an EPQ preferably in the field of Physics and Mathematics, I have been trying to come up with some ideas but I am struggling to think of anything which enough content to fill a 5000 word essay which will still be a narrow enough subject to keep me on track.

I have though of an EPQ on the colonization of Mars, But I am not sure how much their would be to say about this as I believe a lot of this is already being researched so a lot of what I say would not be new, does anyone have any ideas?

Try not to pick a topic which is so vast that 5000 words would hardly cover an introduction and certainly not do it justice. And as for narrow? lol.

Staying on the space theme though, how about a more stratified topic like Human vs Robotic space exploration? Or the State vs Private space exploration?

What about Hypersonic Transport - Son of Concorde?

Clearing up space debris?

Fusion Power - Myth or Reality?

Nanotechnology - Dream or Nightmare?

The limits of weather forecasting?

Just a few suggestions.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest