This discussion is closed.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Will be up in Derby over Easter - but that's relative visiting/paying last respects visit rather than a holiday.

After that there is Glastonbury

Then over August bank holiday/my birthday hubby is going to go hang-gliding somewhere nice were I can do some walking while he's off flying (or if this falls through then it'll be Notting Hill Carnival again)
shazza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
July 3rd.
cool, congrats btw!!
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
yay!!

i live about 1.5hrs away so we go there quite alot- its a good place to get away to!
I'm sure we will visit bakewell to pick up a bakewell pudding or 2!! yum yum!!
bakewell tarts!!! mmmmmm, cravings... rising..... mmmmmmmm..
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Will be up in Derby over Easter - but that's relative visiting/paying last respects visit rather than a holiday.

After that there is Glastonbury

Then over August bank holiday/my birthday hubby is going to go hang-gliding somewhere nice were I can do some walking while he's off flying (or if this falls through then it'll be Notting Hill Carnival again)
Do you go to Glastonbury often???? I think I would quite like to go, but isn't there like so many people you don't get to see half the stuff!!!??
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by shazza)
bakewell tarts!!! mmmmmm, cravings... rising..... mmmmmmmm..
i know!!
has to be a large on every time
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you go to Glastonbury often???? I think I would quite like to go, but isn't there like so many people you don't get to see half the stuff!!!??
I've been twice before (once with friends - last year solo) and am planning to continue every year until the festival comes to an end (at the moment this looks possible in 2007).

I spent the majority of last year in the caberet/comedy tent (barring spending all of friday at the main stages....REM ), and the majority of the first yr I went (1997 - the first yr of the mud in recent times) in the cinema tent (Withnail & I at Glasto = cannot be beaten). I'm intending on spending more of this year hanging around the new bands/acoustic/one world stages...and the very tiny venues in the greenfields part of the site (plus I want to get a bit more involved with Greenpeace this year now that I'm actually a member).

The best thing about making all these plans though is making them in the sure knowledge that you'll end up chatting to some random person in the queue for the toilets or in the stone circle at sun set and all the plans will be thrown out of the window
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
for a week in yorkshire with some of the 6th form.
Hehe, have fun

Try.
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I've been twice before (once with friends - last year solo) and am planning to continue every year until the festival comes to an end (at the moment this looks possible in 2007).

I spent the majority of last year in the caberet/comedy tent (barring spending all of friday at the main stages....REM ), and the majority of the first yr I went (1997 - the first yr of the mud in recent times) in the cinema tent (Withnail & I at Glasto = cannot be beaten). I'm intending on spending more of this year hanging around the new bands/acoustic/one world stages...and the very tiny venues in the greenfields part of the site (plus I want to get a bit more involved with Greenpeace this year now that I'm actually a member).

The best thing about making all these plans though is making them in the sure knowledge that you'll end up chatting to some random person in the queue for the toilets or in the stone circle at sun set and all the plans will be thrown out of the window
lol, queing for the toilets, a Glastonbury classic!!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, queing for the toilets, a Glastonbury classic!!
The real classic is being able to choose between the turdis's and the longdrops (and of course the famous but never found flushing toilets near the farmhouse - and the squat toilets (reputedly the cleanest) near the stone circle)
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by barbiegirl)
im going to zante!!!!!!!!!
Where abouts in zante are you going? Were off to Laganas...
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I am going to cornwall for a week with my friends in the summer. I still cant decide whether or not I am going to V Festival its pretty expensive and I'm currently thinking of all the other things I can do with the money (I can get a ticket if I want to go so I dont have to decide for a while). I would love to go away for a week somewhere hot but my friends are going to tenerife without me damn them. They managed to get a brilliant deal but its in my exam period. I want them to go and have a good time but I'm just a bit jealous. I might be able to persuade my other friend to go somewhere with me but will have to get a last minute cheap deal. Otherwise I might see if my cousin is going for a long weekend in spain (she goes all the time) and see if I can come along.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
from what i've read now, early september will still be very busy which is awesome
Nylex
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can't afford a holiday and plus, I need to use Easter to revise.
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
roll on summer whn i'm off to mexico for a month - can't wait!
barbiegirl
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
yes im going to laganas.... htel laganas infact in july...u?
username1170
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
in under 3 weeks i am off on holiday to derbyshire!!
anyone else going away over easter??
EXAMS EXAMS EXAMS
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by barbiegirl)
yes im going to laganas.... htel laganas infact in july...u?
we are staying in the hotel next door in August :cool:

you can let us nknow what it's like
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads