The Student Room Group

AS Results while I am on holiday... even more nervous!

So I have 3 options, either my dad can collect my results (no way I don't want that to happen :afraid: ), my school can ring me and tell me or they can email me. I don't want it posted because it will most likely get lost when it gets to the country I will be in.

I was so nervous about results day anyway and now finding out I will probably get them emailed to me scares me even more... like I will have to keep refreshing at 12pm to get my results and then BAM I get the email and I just don't know how to cope.

I will be surrounded by my family who consist of doctors, engineers and lawyers (so they're all really clever). So I am terrified at getting my results and I cannot stop thinking about them. I want to do medicine and become a psychiatrist :daydreaming: but if that doesn't work out I want to study psychology :/ (my backup).

Does anyone have any advice for now to forget exam results and for getting my results while I am on holiday? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
alcohol
Reply 2
Original post by iLoveMyCatsx
I will be surrounded by my family who consist of doctors, engineers and lawyers (so they're all really clever).

you're not asian by any chance are you?

edit: all you neggers, i am asian myself and it is a joke. don't take it too seriously.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
stop being such a baby.
Not really I'm afraid. For the past 4 years I've received my grades while on holiday and I can relate, I could never properly relax because they were always at the back of my mind!

Just try to keep yourself occupied and busy during the day, I know it wont make you completely forget them, but it can give you many hours of 'forgetfulness' each day which I found was quite helpful! :biggrin:
Reply 5
I was away when my A2 results came in. Its no big deal. There is nothing that can be gained by worrying.

Wait for the email and go from there.

Go and do something fun on results day.
I was in Venice and my physics teacher rang me to say well done. (I had already seen that I got into my first choice uni the night before on UCAS)
Reply 6
Original post by naman
you're not asian by any chance are you?

I am Arab
Reply 7
Original post by arrogant
alcohol

I don't drink!
Reply 8
I don't want it posted because it will most likely get lost when it gets to the country I will be in.

I think it will be posted to your home in the UK, unless you are on holiday for a really long time.

But I think you are over reacting, you have to get your results, none of the options are bad just make a decision.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by dean01234
I think it will be posted to your home in the UK, unless you are on holiday for a really long time.

But I think you are over reacting, you have to get your results, none of the options are bad just make a decision.

Ohh but my friend had hers posted to where she was when she was on holiday in New York
Reply 10
What's done is done... worrying isn't going to help you at all.

Just man the **** up and accept whatever results you achieve.

You may think this is harsh but it is simply the reality of things.
whatever you do DO NOT be away from home next year on results day.
Reply 12
cant you find out online, with my old college you could...
Original post by cl_steele
cant you find out online, with my old college you could...

unfortunately not which is really annoying!!
unfortunately not which is really annoying!!

And no different to the email scenario.

Back to the letter, you could ask to get it sent to your UK address?
Original post by dean01234
And no different to the email scenario.

Back to the letter, you could ask to get it sent to your UK address?

I would have to wait 2 weeks to go home, plus my dad would get it first
Oh well I guess I just have to accept that there is no better way, I just wish I could get them emailed earlier instead of after 12pm. Because the woman who emails it deals with the A2 people getting their results etc
Reply 16
I am Arab

Where you from?

I can relate, I'm Arab too, and not getting straight A's results in me, erm let's just say, face consequences.
I was at the top of a mountain for my GCSE results.
It's nothing to worry about, honestly. They'll be the same results no matter where you get them :tongue:
Original post by chigyy
Where you from?

I can relate, I'm Arab too, and not getting straight A's results in me, erm let's just say, face consequences.

LOL thanks for the advice, I guess now you know why I don't want my dad (engineer) to get my results. The worst thing is I go to a private school so I haven't got any excuse, especially when my dads friends who's children go to local state schools are doing better than me. :bawling::argh:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I was at the top of a mountain for my GCSE results.
It's nothing to worry about, honestly. They'll be the same results no matter where you get them :tongue:

Ahaha! Never heard that before. If I was at the top of a mountain on results day, I'd probably jump off YOLO xD

True, my papers may have already been marked by now and already graded so it's just to do with when I find them out - this thought, for some odd reason, has allowed me to relax

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending