Well isn't that understandable then?
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
breaststroke is the best im the south-west junior champion i am cool
Well, if a few girls did the "breaststroke" and the person who presents the awards was a perve, then you my lose your title
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
Well, if a few girls did the "breaststroke" and the person who presents the awards was a perve, then you my lose your title
Why only girls?
And why, when a guy attempts it, do they always get a slap?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Why only girls?
most serious form of injustice in this present moment, the government should look further into this
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
most serious form of injustice in this present moment, the government should look further into this
I know.
They should set up a Quango on it or something.
Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Don't know if anyone else has heard this, but some pools in Blackburn have banned swimmers from doing backstroke, because there is a high risk of injury to other swimmers...isn't this the most absurd thing you've heard in ages? This country is becoming more ridiculous every day! Crazy!
Backstroke is the fastest swim i can do. Its also less tiring really. How much injury are you going to cause doing a backstroke. I doubt people will travel very fast in a crowded pool.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ramaya)
Backstroke is the fastest swim i can do. Its also less tiring really. How much injury are you going to cause doing a backstroke. I doubt people will travel very fast in a crowded pool.

well i never liked backstroke, in competitive swimming anyways (my worst stroke). It is very difficult too esp the turns
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Why only girls?
Don't know! :confused:
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no petting

Ramaya
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well i never liked backstroke, in competitive swimming anyways (my worst stroke). It is very difficult too esp the turns
True. But leisurly it is a nice simple swim. I think my favourite is front crawl. I would have to say that 'butterfly' stroke is the most tiring!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It was before they changed the rules to allow you to roll over onto your front to do the turns - the turns prior to that were far more difficult (but much more fun)

I have to say I'm curious about how far the ban goes - is backstroke without the arms allowed? Or old english backstroke (essentiall breaststroke on your back - a very nice stroke)? How about lifesaving leg-kick? Or sculling (no kicking)?

And where will the jury stand on side stroke?
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago

Ahhh well that was not what was said on the radio!

But still, most people can only swim at busy times (hence why they are busy) and i think its completely stupid putting a ban on backstroke, as some swimmers can only do that stroke. Why not put a lane in just for backstroke or something?
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
As long as you know the amount of strokes it takes you from the flags before you need to roll over its dead easy. There are so many points that you can get disqualified on though, for example if you kick your legs when on your front, thats instant disqualification, as is taking more than one stroke on your front.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.19%
Worried (305)
17.96%
Terrified (378)
22.26%
Meh (162)
9.54%
Confused (37)
2.18%