University of Birmingham Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Is anyone there already or due to be going in september? Particularly for psychology?
It would be interesting to know why you chose to go there, and also what accomodation you have requested.
I am due to go to study psychology and I am trying to decide whether to live at home or live there (if they will give me accomodation) i live abour 12 miles from the university.

Ruthie
xxxx
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
Is anyone there already or due to be going in september? Particularly for psychology?
It would be interesting to know why you chose to go there, and also what accomodation you have requested.
I am due to go to study psychology and I am trying to decide whether to live at home or live there (if they will give me accomodation) i live abour 12 miles from the university.

Ruthie
xxxx
looks like im the only one then- at least i'll get one to one tuition in lectures!
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
looks like im the only one then- at least i'll get one to one tuition in lectures!
I applied to Bham but haven't heard from them yet.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
I applied to Bham but haven't heard from them yet.
what subject for?

good luck!!
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what subject for?

good luck!!
Dentistry.
Lupin Loopy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'll hopefully be at Bham in september, for Biology

I've requested to be put on the Vale - first choice Tennis Courts
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lupin Loopy)
I'll hopefully be at Bham in september, for Biology

I've requested to be put on the Vale - first choice Tennis Courts
they were my first choice too- i don't know whether i should live @ home or not tho- cos it will save me loads of money...but i would like the independence of living away from home :confused:
Lupin Loopy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
they were my first choice too- i don't know whether i should live @ home or not tho- cos it will save me loads of money...but i would like the independence of living away from home :confused:
You're entitled to accomodation providing you don't live within the B1-B98 postcodes.

Personally I think living in halls would help you to get to know people
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lupin Loopy)
You're entitled to accomodation providing you don't live within the B1-B98 postcodes.

Personally I think living in halls would help you to get to know people
my postcode is B93 so they might not give me accomodation- this is why im worried.....
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my postcode is B93 so they might not give me accomodation- this is why im worried.....
Its sooo expensive! they do have a society for people who live out, so you would still make friends.. if i meet you you can be an honorary flat memeber!lol
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ladyluck)
Its sooo expensive! they do have a society for people who live out, so you would still make friends.. if i meet you you can be an honorary flat memeber!lol

yay!!

are you going in september??
what are you going to be studying??
what accomodation have you applied for?
colemanballs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I just filled in my accom form. It's so expensive! I hope I get Manor Hall since that is catered and cheap. I've written lots of little comments all over the form - lol, here they are -

I DO NOT LIKE NOISY PEOPLE AND I DO NOT LIKE THE SMELL OF CANNABIS!

DO NOT PUT ME IN STUDENT FLAT - THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR ME AT ALL! SINGLE STUDY ROOMS ONLY!

DON'T BOTHER WITH EN SUITE - I CAN'T AFFORD IT!

PUT ME AS CLOSE TO THE LAW FACULTY AS POSSIBLE OR I WILL GET LAZY AND MISS CLASSES!

I MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO TOWER BLOCKS PLEASE!

IF THE TOTAL COST OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO OFFER ME IS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL STUDENT LOAN THEN DON'T BOTHER!

SORRY FOR BEING AWKWARD!

Hope they don't get mad and make me live in a cardboard box.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by colemanballs)
I just filled in my accom form. It's so expensive! I hope I get Manor Hall since that is catered and cheap. I've written lots of little comments all over the form - lol, here they are -

DO NOT PUT ME IN STUDENT FLAT - THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR ME AT ALL! SINGLE STUDY ROOMS ONLY!

PUT ME AS CLOSE TO THE LAW FACULTY AS POSSIBLE OR I WILL GET LAZY AND MISS CLASSES!

NO TOWER BLOCKS PLEASE!

IF THE TOTAL COST OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO OFFER ME IS MORE THAN THE ACTUAL STUDENT LOAN THEN DON'T BOTHER!

SORRY FOR BEING AWKWARD!

lol!!!
no, but they may ignore some of those!!!

what subject are u doing???
colemanballs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Doing law. :-D
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
wow- i nearly did that but then opted for psychology instead
mathsnovice
Report 15 years ago

SORRY FOR BEING AWKWARD!

How will they know how much your students loan is? Universities don't deal with that do they?
colemanballs
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's just my way of saying I don't want to pay more than £4000. :-)
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yay!!

are you going in september??
what are you going to be studying??
what accomodation have you applied for?
Birmingham will be my first choice unless i get offered a place at Nottingham,(unlikely!) which i really liked and its cheaper!, but Birmingham is really nice too so i dont mind! I have been offered a place for Law with German AAB (eek) and accom...i put tennis courts like absolutely everyone else ...lol!! second i put the spinney or the beeches (which looking back is perhaps not so good!)
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

NO TOWER BLOCKS PLEASE!

SORRY FOR BEING AWKWARD!

That is really funny, they will probably like your humour after seeing thousands of boring forms! hehe or think you are being cheeky and give you said box!!

P.S ive heard loads of people get the cannabis updraft! what is it with cannabis, its supposed to kill brain cells, surely at uni thi sis not a good idea?!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%