for the new members (dont want u left out) Watch

This discussion is closed.
psycho girl
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
mmmm nd im the maddest blondest newbie. i kno theres a difference but hopefully people will get 2 kno me beta
jayrosser2004
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
Your a newbie, it feels as though you've been here forever.
well, i joined in feb
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
And the fact that newbies create threads without reliseing that we have discussed it so often it's getting boring. The main one being "Whats the meaning of Life".
Yeah, i suppose, but if there was never a post that had been done before, the forum would be pretty empty.
And the meaning of life is a valid question, as no definitive answer has been come to.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Yeah, i suppose, but if there was never a post that had been done before, the forum would be pretty empty.
And the meaning of life is a valid question, as no definitive answer has been come to.
It's simple. The Meaning of Life is 42. Simple As.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
It's simple. The Meaning of Life is 42. Simple As.
No.
Deep thought made a number of rounding errors, and miscalculated a fair number of the original values needed to calculate the meaning of life.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No.
Deep thought made a number of rounding errors, and miscalculated a fair number of the original values needed to calculate the meaning of life.
He just said that We need to understand the question in under to understand the answer.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
He just said that We need to understand the question in under to understand the answer.
But we can't understand an answer if it is wrong, which is my point.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by psycho girl)
i find wen ur new no one will tlk 2 you as much as a long term user! does it make a difference xx
it depends really on wot u say. lines like "ne fit ladz wana chat?" dont get u anywhere. stuff thats actually worthwhile saying gets u far
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But we can't understand an answer if it is wrong, which is my point.
But how do you know that Deep Thought got the answer wrong. He is the second greatest computer ever built and has been thinking it over for years (i've forgotten the number). He said he checked it over a number of times.
psycho girl
Report 14 years ago
im the maddest blonde newbie i find it hard to think of subjcts to tlk bout wat do u guys like 2 tlk bout????
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im the maddest blonde newbie i find it hard to think of subjcts to tlk bout wat do u guys like 2 tlk bout????

why not, instead of posting your own thread and trying to be center of attention all the time, wait for a thread which appeals to you and then post in that.

love Katy ***
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
But how do you know that Deep Thought got the answer wrong. He is the second greatest computer ever built and has been thinking it over for years (i've forgotten the number). He said he checked it over a number of times.
Because Deep Thought made errors in the calculations, generally allowing infinitely variable values a fixed figure.
The final answer wouldn't have been drastically different to 42, because of the large number of values taken into account, of which these are some, but not that many, but would have an effect on the answer anyway.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alot of stuff really.
Different people like different things, so theres usually someone to talk about pretty much any topic.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
mc_watson87 for that world's best footballer thread. Will people ever stop replying to it?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
am i old or new?

i think im a middle agesd member, more new than old definitely
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
am i old or new?

Well, apparently the boundaries are simply pre/post 2004, so you would be an old member.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
am i old or new?

I can't believe I only joined in January! Or was it Feb? Well, whenever it was, I feel I've always been here! Can't remember what I did before UKL... played on Spider Solitaire I think
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, apparently the boundaries are simply pre/post 2004, so you would be an old member.
i think i should be middle aged. you are 8 months older than me - i shouldn't be in the same bracket as you
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
I can't believe I only joined in January! Or was it Feb? Well, whenever it was, I feel I've always been here! Can't remember what I did before UKL... played on Spider Solitaire I think
As it states under your avatar, where is says "Joined", it was january.

Whats your high score on spider solitaire (any difficulty)?
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think i should be middle aged. you are 8 months older than me - i shouldn't be in the same bracket as you
Yeah, i know what you mean, but i'm ancient .
I do agree, but because people wanted to classify people into two groups, the line is usually drawn at 2003/2004.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (62)
75.61%
Leave (20)
24.39%

Watched Threads