The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Potential Royal Holloway Applicants 2014

Hi!

I know I'm early but I'm currently in panic mode over 'OMG I apply for uni in, like, 6 months!' and Royal Holloway is my favourite up to now. I was just wondering if anyone else was considering RH and what courses and stuff!

I'm looking at English and Creative Writing :biggrin:

Oh and also what people are doing to make their applications look good if anything!

Update: I've been offered ABB for English (Single) so tell me if you have too and we'll all be friends and stuff... happy UCAS-ing guys!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by imjustrach
Hi!

I know I'm early but I'm currently in panic mode over 'OMG I apply for uni in, like, 6 months!' and Royal Holloway is my favourite up to now. I was just wondering if anyone else was considering RH and what courses and stuff!

I'm looking at English and Creative Writing :biggrin:

Oh and also what people are doing to make their applications look good if anything!

Hey there :smile: Yea RH is my absolute dream for history but im only predicted BBB ( I will know my a levels in august but applying 2014)!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jada897
Hey there :smile: Yea RH is my absolute dream for history but im only predicted BBB ( I will know my a levels in august but applying 2014)!

That's kind of like me I'm predicted ABB and I need AAB I'm hoping that this thread and the idea of RH will be enough motivation to get it :P
Reply 3
Hey! I really want to go look around RH properly, I drove past it once and just fell in love with the founders building. I'm thinking of doing psychology, they've just put up the entry requirements to AAA and my tutors at college still haven't given me my predicted grades yet :mad: but fingers crossed they're good, as well as my AS level exam results. It's definitely one of my 5 choices, but I need to decide on others ahh, it's scary choosing, I don't like this:confused:

Imjustrach - I see you're a nerdfighter:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by RosieTunes
Hey! I really want to go look around RH properly, I drove past it once and just fell in love with the founders building. I'm thinking of doing psychology, they've just put up the entry requirements to AAA and my tutors at college still haven't given me my predicted grades yet :mad: but fingers crossed they're good, as well as my AS level exam results. It's definitely one of my 5 choices, but I need to decide on others ahh, it's scary choosing, I don't like this:confused:

Imjustrach - I see you're a nerdfighter:smile:

I haven't had the chance to get down there to look yet, but Founders looks AMAZING! Although you have to move in and out termly which is a bit of put off for me, especially living so far away from home.

And why yes, yes I am :biggrin:
Reply 5
I haven't had the chance to get down there to look yet, but Founders looks AMAZING! Although you have to move in and out termly which is a bit of put off for me, especially living so far away from home.

And why yes, yes I am :biggrin:

There is storage on campus you can easily put your stuff into, so its not too much trouble really :smile:
Hey everyone! I'm also applying for History at RH :biggrin: I attended the open day today and it was just stunning :love:
Reply 7
Just went to the open day.

Founders building is horrid but the rest of the campus is pretty nice, would definitely consider it. If I apply it'd be for IR, the Students Union is also fantastic.
Reply 8
Original post by mddub39

the Students Union is also fantastic.

Brilliant - I'm a bit of a sucker for a good SU, being a President has made me respect HE SUs so much :P
Reply 9
I couldn't live in founders because of the shared bathroom, but I don't think unless you're living there you don't really spend a lot of tim in there, I've read only a few lectures take place in there. I think I'm going to the first October open day so I really hope I like it, it's definitely one of my top choices! Everyone saying there's not much of a student nightlife (which is understandable because it's in a village), but it's not the biggest priority really. I've heard the SU is really good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I couldn't live in founders because of the shared bathroom, but I don't think unless you're living there you don't really spend a lot of tim in there, I've read only a few lectures take place in there. I think I'm going to the first October open day so I really hope I like it, it's definitely one of my top choices! Everyone saying there's not much of a student nightlife (which is understandable because it's in a village), but it's not the biggest priority really. I've heard the SU is really good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have a whole SU building which is turned into a nightclub on Wednesday's and Friday's and do all kinds of themed nights.

The SU presentation was amazing, my favourite was the human vs zombies society :biggrin:
I've heard there's a Harry potter society:L sounds like a lot of fun though! I can't wait to visit - the themed nights sound fun, apparently campus is dead on weekends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I've heard there's a Harry potter society:L sounds like a lot of fun though! I can't wait to visit - the themed nights sound fun, apparently campus is dead on weekends

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard that campus is dead on weekends too, but that wouldn't really bother me (being 40 mins away from London would consume my free time anyway :biggrin:).
I've heard that campus is dead on weekends too, but that wouldn't really bother me (being 40 mins away from London would consume my free time anyway :biggrin:).

Yeah Ill be living a far distance away from home and I want to be near London so this was quite ideal cause its not too busy and seems quite picturesque. Only prob,elm is that the last train is quite early in the morning apparently so I think you have to do a group event on a minibus or coach to get back for nights out- but ill probably spend weekends in London. Don't think you can get an oyster card either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I'm a potential Royal Holloway Applicant too! I'm looking at doing BSc geography, or english :smile:
Did anyone go to the open day today?
I'm looking at doing History at RH, but haven't had an opportunity to go to an open day (I live in Liverpool so it's miles away!!)
But it looks absolutely amazing, particularly founders! My only worry is that, from what I've read, the facilities there aren't particularly good :/
I've heard the library's awful! Not been able to go an open day yet, I live near Manchester so it's over £100 for the train with changes etc, so hopefully will get down by October to go visit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by sophieowl96
Hi! I'm a potential Royal Holloway Applicant too! I'm looking at doing BSc geography, or english :smile:
Did anyone go to the open day today?

I went to the open day yesterday, and I am thinking of applying for BSc geography here, did you see much of the geography department?
Reply 18
Original post by DeathlyChallows
I'm looking at doing History at RH, but haven't had an opportunity to go to an open day (I live in Liverpool so it's miles away!!)
But it looks absolutely amazing, particularly founders! My only worry is that, from what I've read, the facilities there aren't particularly good :/

By facilities what do you mean? I went to the open day so may be able to answer any questions.

I've heard the library's awful! Not been able to go an open day yet, I live near Manchester so it's over £100 for the train with changes etc, so hopefully will get down by October to go visit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are two library's. One is very old and traditional in the founder's building, it looks like it's come out of a Harry Potter movie. The other is a new building (I liked this one more) that was clean, aesthetically appealing and had these cool group study areas.
Original post by mddub39
Just went to the open day.

Founders building is horrid but the rest of the campus is pretty nice, would definitely consider it. If I apply it'd be for IR, the Students Union is also fantastic.

Horrid? Really? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending