The Student Room Group

What do you think about 8A's and 2 A*'s at GCSE's?

Scroll to see replies

I think "thats what I got"
Reply 2
Really good, if I got that I would make a thread to brag about it
Reply 3
Could be better tbh.
Pretty crappy. Only 2 A*s...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
i think that's great and you should be proud of yourself!:smile:
Original post by aminahchaudhary

I think that you need to realise that there's more to life than grades.
Reply 7
Terrible. You shouldn't even show your face on TSR with atleast 14A*s at GCSE, 3 top 5's in the country, and A*'s in all the sciences and maths at A-Level taken 2 years early.
I think they're great grades, though it depends on what school you went to - if you went to a crappy comprehensive they're even better. They'll get you into a good uni along with A levels and shizzle :smile:
I only got one more A than you (2 A*s, 9 As) and I got a place at Oxford. You'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The funny thing is this is probably below average on TSR. :biggrin:

And yes those are excellent grades.
Original post by aminahchaudhary

How good those grades are depends on what you're capable of. If you're capable of 10A*s and you were just lazy, those results are rubbish. If you've worked extremely hard over the last few years and dragged your results up from Cs then they're incredible. If that's what you were hoping for and were working towards, well done! You can't judge how "good" grades are because it depends on you as a person.
Reply 12
Pretty crap regarding grade inflations
Reply 13
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
The funny thing is this is probably below average on TSR. :biggrin:

And yes those are excellent grades.

Below the average of the made up grades on here more like
Reply 14
It makes sense people on here generally have good grades; those are the same people that care about their study enough to regularly visit an internet forum dedicated to that purpose.

By the way, 8A's and 2A*s definitely looks good written out like this: A*A*AAAAAAAA. Have you already got those results?
Reply 15
Yes they are good grades and as long as you're happy with them.
Reply 16
pffft no way that is terrible..

Just kidding it is really great well done! People are only saying it is bad on here because quite blatantly they are good grades
I think they are wonderful results. You have tried your best and you have got a great set of results.
Well done! :smile:
For the people negging the OP - why bother? I mean if I got those grades I'd be bragging as well. :rolleyes: Might as well just be pleased for the person.

EDIT: Actually I realized I wouldn't brag - I would probably thank God and only tell people if they asked me. But I stick by what I said about being pleased for the person.
(edited 10 years ago)
I think it's brilliant!:biggrin:
congratz with your marks!
how did you revise for your gcse exams?

Quick Reply

Latest