The Student Room Group

Resignation of the Secretary General

Resignation of the
Secretary General

After seven months at the helm, it’s time for me to stand down as your Secretary General.
I’ve really enjoyed running the MUN, and I hope I leave the place in good shape with a new Charter, help guide, buddy scheme and other fun things.

Big thanks go out to all the regularly active contributors, you know who you are in particular, Rory, who has been an exceptional deputy and to my predecessor thunder_chunky, whose advice has also been a massive help.

I’ve been running the MUN for a year, either as deputy SG or SG, and an on-off member since 2008, so I feel the time has come to pass on the role to someone new.

The election will last for two weeks anyone interested in becoming SG has 7 days to send me their manifestos (300 words max), followed by a 2 day Q&A session and finally a 5 day vote.

I’d urge you all to run for this position, it’s definitely worth it!

Here’s to the future of the MUN and all the best to my successor.

I’ll wrap things up with this song

:party:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You've been brilliant Birch, well done and good job! I won't be running for SG but intend on remaining as Deputy SG!

Good luck to all those candidates who apply.
Reply 2
I'll be sad to see you go, I joined the MUN just at the start of your time as SG and would like to thank you for making it a wonderful experience so far!

And good luck to everyone running! :smile:
Reply 3
Why?

It is a shame to see you go after what you have achieved in your tenure. 7 months is too short, we need stability.

Torn about running or not
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
This is a shock. I've only joined recently but everyone else says you have been an excellent SG, and your achievements have been immense :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Been an excellent SG for the few months that I've been here, sad to see you go! Hope you stick around as a nation rep :smile:

Good luck to those running.
Reply 6
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!
Reply 7
Original post by Qwertish
Been an excellent SG for the few months that I've been here, sad to see you go! Hope you stick around as a nation rep :smile:

Good luck to those running.

Original post by Birchington
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Are you sticking around as a nation rep Birch?
Reply 8
Original post by RoryS
Are you sticking around as a nation rep Birch?
I might take a step back and be a casual observer for a while once I've properly stood down, but I might become a rep in the future.
Reply 9
I might take a step back and be a casual observer for a while once I've properly stood down, but I might become a rep in the future.

Ah ok fair enough :wink:
You've been an excellent SG mate, sad to see you go but good luck in your future endeavors :smile: It's been a pleasure.

Good luck to whoever runs, it'll be an interesting election :smile:
Resignation of the
Secretary General

After seven months at the helm, it’s time for me to stand down as your Secretary General.
I’ve really enjoyed running the MUN, and I hope I leave the place in good shape with a new Charter, help guide, buddy scheme and other fun things.

Big thanks go out to all the regularly active contributors, you know who you are in particular, Rory, who has been an exceptional deputy and to my predecessor thunder_chunky, whose advice has also been a massive help.

I’ve been running the MUN for a year, either as deputy SG or SG, and an on-off member since 2008, so I feel the time has come to pass on the role to someone new.

The election will last for two weeks anyone interested in becoming SG has 7 days to send me their manifestos (300 words max), followed by a 2 day Q&A session and finally a 5 day vote.

I’d urge you all to run for this position, it’s definitely worth it!

Here’s to the future of the MUN and all the best to my successor.

I’ll wrap things up with this song

:party:

You've been an excellent SG, you've done much that I didn't achieve. Good job and it's a shame to see you go. I actually wondered if you'd keep going and break my record for length of time served.
Anyway sorry to see you go but what I will say is that it's a nice feeling to return to being a rep for a country after spending a considerable amount of time having to be neutral as SG. I tried to rep you but it's currently PRSOM.

I urge anyone that is remotely interested to go for the role. It's a good role to have and although it's not easy it's fun.

P.s Best start dusting off and updating the SG's bible. Then handover was a bit of a pain in the arse (from my perspective) because I had to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
I am considering it

EDIT: repped
(edited 10 years ago)
Sad to see you go, good luck for the future!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to see you step down Birch but thanks for all you've done.
As you're the only SG there's been since I joined the MUN, it's going to feel so different without you. But you've been great, thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Great work in the MUN Birchington. :smile: I hope your successor can live up to the commitment you've shown this place.
You're the only SG I've known since I joined the MUN. You've done brilliant work :biggrin: It's going to feel quite different without you...But let's hope the next SG can live up to your standards :smile:.
Reply 18
I'm probably the newest here but I've heard great things about you as SG, sad to see you go
Reply 19
I haven't been too active recently due to intense exam periods. I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better as SG, because you seem pretty interested and involved in what you're doing. Congratulations and keep up the good work! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending