The Student Room Group

Can you tell if someone smokes?

People talk about girls as being hot because they smoke. There is a few girls who have black under there eyes, yellow teeth and generally look unwell who are considered hot by others I don't get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
You don't need to smoke to have eye-bags or yellow teeth. People who smoke are still capable of looking after themselves.
Reply 2
I find anyone who smokes repulsive, if someone chooses to destroy their health then that's not attractive.
breath and the smell on your jacket
Reply 4
I find smoking unattractive.
Reply 5
We are born to live, not born to kill ourselves.
We are here to make the world a better place, not to ruin it.
Yes, usually by the smell, colour of their teeth, nails and sometimes by the typical "smokers cough"
Although this would mostly be the case for long term heavy smokers as not every smoker would be the same.

My personal opinion, I don't find anyone who smokes attractive at all, I find it a big turn off.
Smoking is an expensive and hazardous habit that most get addicted to and I would not want anyone I love and care about to be caught in it's vicious cycle with the risk of dying prematurely.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Yup. The smell is there, especially after theyve just gone outside for a cigarette. Not particularly attractive full stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't always tell.

It can depend on how many cigarettes the person smokes and how long they have been smoking for.

The smell is the first sure sign of a smoker, it clings to their hair, clothes, skin and most other things. The skin and hair of a 'long term' smoker may look and they might also have wrinkles around the mouth from repetitive puckering. Even with chewing gum, a smoker's breath will often smell like tobacco and smokers might have marks of ash/burns on their clothing as well.

A long time smoker will often experience heavy coughing and hoarseness. An addiction to nicotine will alter how the brain works and this can cause people to become anxious and frustrated if they don't have a cigarette.

After having written all of that, you'd assume I'd probably decide to quit smoking. :nothing:
Original post by KnifeParty
People talk about girls as being hot because they smoke. There is a few girls who have black under there eyes, yellow teeth and generally look unwell who are considered hot by others I don't get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who says girls are hot because they smoke? I smoke and have never heard it descriebd as 'hot' by anyone lol
Reply 10
Not sure I've ever met someone who found female smokers attractive - only the opposite. What world do you live in, OP?
Reply 11
Original post by Get_Lucky_606
Who says girls are hot because they smoke? I smoke and have never heard it descriebd as 'hot' by anyone lol

Agreed. I normally hear the exact opposite.
Original post by Airfairy
Agreed. I normally hear the exact opposite.

Yeah same, although I'm pretty sure all the girls I've been with have smoked haha so never been a problem for me
Reply 13
Original post by Hgat
I find anyone who smokes repulsive, if someone chooses to destroy their health then that's not attractive.

That's a bit harsh. It's their choice to smoke and if they are aware of the consequences that it isn't a health benefit, what's the problem? You're not perfect either and probably do things that others find repulsive, though you have other qualities too.
Reply 14
well i smoke and have done for 6 years, and im alright, my teeth are white, my face is 'fresh' i dont think anyone looks at me and thinks 'smoker!'

Quick Reply

Latest