ChloeBelle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I need to leave my current sixth form due to severe bullying issues. I've found another school willing to take me, only problem is that their Sociology course is with AQA, whereas I took my AS Sociology exams with OCR. I have my interview tomorrow morning and wondered if any of you could give me some advice and information beforehand? Can you change exam boards for the second part of your A Levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Melas1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
From what i've read normally you can transfer credits between exams boards so in short, yes. However not all transfers are accepted and they are considered on an individual basis. Hopefully this will help some more http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...End_of_AS_Year
It cover changing exam boards.
Data
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ChloeBelle)
I need to leave my current sixth form due to severe bullying issues. I've found another school willing to take me, only problem is that their Sociology course is with AQA, whereas I took my AS Sociology exams with OCR. I have my interview tomorrow morning and wondered if any of you could give me some advice and information beforehand? Can you change exam boards for the second part of your A Levels?
The rules say:
AQA, OCR and WJEC
• All transfers are acceptable in principle
N.B: When transferring from AQA to OCR centres should be aware of the possible overlap of some topics between AS and A2 and must seek advice from OCR to ensure that content overlap is avoided and requirements are met.

To transfer the new exams officer has to complete a form in the Autumn.
Sumi Prakash
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I have a few questions regarding changing exam boards. I've changed exam boards for biology from AQA to OCR and chemistry from OCR to AQA after my AS exams. I've joined the new sixth form and they have sent off the form to JCQ before the deadline in October. I was wondering what happens now. Do I just sit the exams with the new exam board in the summer? How will my results look like in August? Will the results be delayed?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.29%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.71%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise