The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Because they have failed in life and have a crappy low paid job
Reply 21

What you mean like this?
Reply 22
Original post by beccagood95
I'm pretty sure that bus drivers aren't supposed to leave vulnerable and young people out alone if they don't have any other form of transport, even if they don't have the correct bus fare... They're supposed to take down your details so you can send the bus company the correct amount at a later date. That was mean of him.

Hmm, it was pretty harsh... Anyway, I have learnt my lesson lol, I still have to get the bus regularly from school and shizz, I just make sure i have the monies
Reply 23
I've noticed they also get annoyed if you give them a ten pound or twenty pound note and they have to count out a load of change for you. I know it takes time, but sometimes that's all we've got! So from now on I bring the exact amount so I don't get any change. :frown:
I've been told I cant get on the bus when I've paid an 80p fare with a £5 note... in both instances, four or five people had got on before, so it'a not like he didn't have change. sooooo annoying!
Reply 25
Wait, bus drivers say hello, and thank you? This is news to me, I have never heard of this.

Sometimes here in London, passengers say thank you, but grumpy drivers are just so common, I don't even notice the difference any more...
Well the drivers in London are alright. Some are very patient when someone is running to try and catch the bus.
I've never had any problems with any bus drivers and I have lived in Birmingham, Bournemouth, Liverpool, Salisbury, Southampton, London and now, Eastbourne. They have always been friendly and helpful if I didn't know where I was going.
Reply 28
Original post by Pride
Wait, bus drivers say hello, and thank you? This is news to me, I have never heard of this.

Sometimes here in London, passengers say thank you, but grumpy drivers are just so common, I don't even notice the difference any more...

They do in Wales :tongue:
Reply 29
Lol. I remember when a bus driver beeped his horn at a police car for being in the way. The police turned on their sirens and pulled the bus over and we all had to get off the bus. I was late to school that day and I had to explain myself to my teacher. It didn't go well.

:frown:
Original post by This Honest
Well the drivers in London are alright. Some are very patient when someone is running to try and catch the bus.

Most are, however some.... on the other hand, will shut the door purposely on you!

That's why I never run for the bus man, it's peak when you get aired by the driver, then people laugh at you inside :frown:
Reply 31
I probably would be too if it were my job. The worst thing on the route that I use to go into town is people not reading the front of the bus and asking where it's going, which annoys me, so being asked twenty times an hour would drive me (lol) up the wall.

There are a few bus drivers on that route who are always nice, though. Maybe people just catch some of them at bad times.
The ones around where I live seem pretty nice really, there's the odd grumpy one...
Original post by James A
Most are, however some.... on the other hand, will shut the door purposely on you!

That's why I never run for the bus man, it's peak when you get aired by the driver, then people laugh at you inside :frown:

Legend.
Original post by James A

Looooooooooooooool

Nah nah when I know they'll be kids on the bus, I don't run. Try and be cool innit :wink:
But if I need to get that bus, I will get it! But yeah I've seen drivers like that, plus it's embarrassing when people at the bus stop watch you as you didn't get on the bus :rofl:
Original post by This Honest
Looooooooooooooool

Nah nah when I know they'll be kids on the bus, I don't run. Try and be cool innit :wink:
But if I need to get that bus, I will get it! But yeah I've seen drivers like that, plus it's embarrassing when people at the bus stop watch you as you didn't get on the bus :rofl:

looooool you gotta style it out man, pretend you are walking normally when you see the bus, when the bus is almost at the bus stop, pick up the pace a little. Just as you're about to get near the front door to get on, the bus driver closes the door, so just pretend you were gonna look at the timetable printed on the bus stand. If you reckon you can make it to the front of the bus comfortably without the doors shutting, then by all means enter the bus, hahahaha
Original post by James A
looooool you gotta style it out man, pretend you are walking normally when you see the bus, when the bus is almost at the bus stop, pick up the pace a little. Just as you're about to get near the front door to get on, the bus driver closes the door, so just pretend you were gonna look at the timetable printed on the bus stand. If you reckon you can make it to the front of the bus comfortably without the doors shutting, then by all means enter the bus, hahahaha

You have done this before many times brah and so have I! :rofl:
Reply 37
Original post by James A

Damn straight this is what i always did when i went to get the bus home from college. Every time, and i mean every time i'm walking up the path towards the bus stop i see a bus coming down towards the bus stop but i know i'm too far away to risk trying to run for the bus and looking like an idiot so i always just walk as if that's cool bro i wasn't going to get that bus anyway :cool: even though really i'm thinking, not again :angry:

Good times.
Start driving your own cars people, then you won't have to put up with it any longer.
Original post by Jabberwox
As someone who has to take the bus quite frequently, this is an issue which has been bugging me recently. I find bus drivers incredibly rude. I understand that they have a lot to deal with and a timetable to stick to, but most bus drivers lack simple courtesy such as a simple 'Thank you' and 'Goodbye'.

Recently I had a bus driver shake his fist at me for no reason when I raised my hand as he stopped the bus. Once I sat down, I noticed he'd printed out a Single ticket instead of the Return I had asked for. I decided to wait until we'd stopped in town before I told him about the error, so I didn't disturb him from driving. When I told him, he shouted "WHY DO YOU TELL ME NOW AND NOT BEFORE?" There was a definite language barrier, but I don't understand why he had to shout and get so angry over something which was his error in the first place :s-smilie:

Most bus drivers I've witnessed are so horrible to other people, especially the elderly. I've seen people ask them brief questions and they get incredibly impatient and rude. I saw one old woman with about 10 shopping bags ask the driver if he could just wait a little until she found her ticket in her bag, and he shouted at her that he couldn't wait and for her to get off, so she had to get off and wait even longer.

What I have found interesting, is that I go to a university in Wales and the bus drivers there are so different to how they are back here in England. They say hello, thank you and goodbye and are a lot nicer and more polite. I know these are only little things but I really don't understand why bus drivers over here seem so angry and irritable. Why go for the job in the first place if you're aware that it will demanding and tiring and you'll be dealing with a lot of people?

Has anyone else had bad experiences with bus drivers?

i don't know where you are in wales because cardiff bus drivers are largely horrible

Latest