Why are bus drivers so angry and rude? Watch

Kyle~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Customer service isn't a big thing with bus companies. People will still use the bus whether or not they got a smile from the driver.
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi i am a bus driver in chelmsford its not so much of being rude although their are exceptions. i will try and give you an example of life on the buses in chelmsford. we get frusrtrated when we have a very tight timetable to keep to as bus companies want more journeys from their drivers per shift, why cant passengers have the right change we only have a £15 float of appropiate coinage to use how do you change a £20 note from your first customer maybe they expect a free ride. why do people not have their ticket ready while waiting for the bus to arrive why do passengers ask what happened to the bus in front answer i dont know how do we know it may have broken down driver not turned up for work driver/passenger may be taken ill when we do explain to passengers they wont listen to our response RESULT angry bus driver. road works are common on every bus route ive ever done with over 34 years of driving buses RESULT more delays. this is only a snippet of what i could write but would take me weeks to write. PLEASE SPARE A THOUGHT FOR BUS DRIVERS WE HAVE A VERY STRESSFULL TIME WITH OUR LARGE BUSES AND OTHER ROAD USERS THEY DO NOT ALLWAYS GIVE US THE COURTESY OF ALLOWING US TO MAKE TURNS EASILY THEY SEE US AS A NUISANCE ON THE ROAD BUT BUSES ARE HERE TO STAY AND ALLWAYS WILL SO NEXT TIME LET THE BUS OUT BECAUSE WE HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE AS WELL all in all next tiime your a passenger on the bus and when it pulls at at the next stop look closely how long it takes for passengers to board and the awkward questions we get asked not the correct fare being given bus passes not already available its in my bags somewhere ???? push chairs shopping trollies wheelchairs etc time for people to sit down .road works traffic congestion red traffic lights pedestrian crossings etc and we are expected to keep our bus on time MY PERSONAL ANSWER TO THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE SO NEXT TIME YOUR BUS IS LATE DONT BE RUDE AT THE DRIVER WE DONT RUN LATE ON PURPOSE maybe letters of complaint to the bus companies as they do not give us enough running times.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I had to put of with some of the ****ing idiots that get on the bus everyday, I'd be a miserable prick too.
ConsiderScience
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by john l taylor)
Hi i am a bus driver in chelmsford its not so much of being rude although their are exceptions. i will try and give you an example of life on the buses in chelmsford. we get frusrtrated when we have a very tight timetable to keep to as bus companies want more journeys from their drivers per shift, why cant passengers have the right change we only have a £15 float of appropiate coinage to use how do you change a £20 note from your first customer maybe they expect a free ride. why do people not have their ticket ready while waiting for the bus to arrive why do passengers ask what happened to the bus in front answer i dont know how do we know it may have broken down driver not turned up for work driver/passenger may be taken ill when we do explain to passengers they wont listen to our response RESULT angry bus driver. road works are common on every bus route ive ever done with over 34 years of driving buses RESULT more delays. this is only a snippet of what i could write but would take me weeks to write. PLEASE SPARE A THOUGHT FOR BUS DRIVERS WE HAVE A VERY STRESSFULL TIME WITH OUR LARGE BUSES AND OTHER ROAD USERS THEY DO NOT ALLWAYS GIVE US THE COURTESY OF ALLOWING US TO MAKE TURNS EASILY THEY SEE US AS A NUISANCE ON THE ROAD BUT BUSES ARE HERE TO STAY AND ALLWAYS WILL SO NEXT TIME LET THE BUS OUT BECAUSE WE HAVE TO BE SOMEWHERE AS WELL all in all next tiime your a passenger on the bus and when it pulls at at the next stop look closely how long it takes for passengers to board and the awkward questions we get asked not the correct fare being given bus passes not already available its in my bags somewhere ???? push chairs shopping trollies wheelchairs etc time for people to sit down .road works traffic congestion red traffic lights pedestrian crossings etc and we are expected to keep our bus on time MY PERSONAL ANSWER TO THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE SO NEXT TIME YOUR BUS IS LATE DONT BE RUDE AT THE DRIVER WE DONT RUN LATE ON PURPOSE maybe letters of complaint to the bus companies as they do not give us enough running times.
Chelmsford ? ? I swear I got on a bus that goes past it to get to school when I used to go.

May I ask what number was the bus ? ? Was it the 70 ? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Egg Militia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There are a lot of miserable ********s driving buses. I try and avoid them where possible not only because of the ****ty price, but the attitude as well.

Was in Norwich, hands full of shopping. Asked for a single, had to juggle change out ready and had my wallet in my mouth, ready to put any change back in after the transaction. He basically blurted some abuse at me, because he couldn't understand what I said first time. "Single" and "Return" sound worlds different, and I spoke fairly clearly. Dunno why he struggled so much to understand what I said. Miserable fat ****.

I said "SORRY" in a very sarcastic way, but I wish I'd just said something rude back.
Flobie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Bus drivers in Manchester can be ****holes. Some are really nice and chatty, others.. well..

I have to take my dog home on the bus, as he sometimes goes to a daycare place near my college. It was a dark Friday evening in winter, I'd missed my usual bus because a sport practice overran, so got another one. I had already spent £12.50 on a 7 day ticket, then the driver sprung it on me that you had to pay a pound for dogs.. I only had 50p, so despite having already paid a lot for the ticket, the driver decided to leave me and my dog stranded, at night, in winter, in Stockport (which isn't somewhere you want to be at night). Great, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Splenge007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This thread has increased my admiration and respect for bus drivers in my area (Birmingham).
Plainview
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because people ***** about them on the internet.
moarcat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why do you post this now and not before?
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ham22)
Ha! The bus drivers used to do that when I was at uni- they knew we all wanted to get to the 9 o'clock lecture and they'd just sit there for 5-10 minutes extra just to piss everyone off.

You forgot, + at the chalk-face of customer service.

Anyone who deals with the general public eventually goes insane.

the reason drivers wait at stops is because they are early my co operates a near zero tolerance of running early 2 mins early a warning 3 mins early final warning 5 or more mins early instant dismissal
moarcat
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
I strongly dislike most of them tbh. A smile wouldn't hurt would it?
I strongly dislike smiling when I don't feel like it. You can ask me to be fair and reasonable, don't ask me to smile when I don't feel like it. Smiling is just one way in which we express ourselves.
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ConsiderScience)
Chelmsford ? ? I swear I got on a bus that goes past it to get to school when I used to go.

May I ask what number was the bus ? ? Was it the 70 ? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes it is a 70 but we operate some 12 other routes as well
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Egg Militia)
I can tell you're a bus driver from the lack of punctuation.

your absolutely right i am a bus driver AND NOT A TYPIST
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Flobie)
Bus drivers in Manchester can be ****holes. Some are really nice and chatty, others.. well..

I have to take my dog home on the bus, as he sometimes goes to a daycare place near my college. It was a dark Friday evening in winter, I'd missed my usual bus because a sport practice overran, so got another one. I had already spent £12.50 on a 7 day ticket, then the driver sprung it on me that you had to pay a pound for dogs.. I only had 50p, so despite having already paid a lot for the ticket, the driver decided to leave me and my dog stranded, at night, in winter, in Stockport (which isn't somewhere you want to be at night). Great, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i do apologise about your incident if you got on my bus you could have got home
Three Mile Sprint
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Generally they are not.

Negative experience are just more easily remembered than positive ones.

You are likely to remember the one that was a douche and let it rile you up., but not the other thirty who were courteous and pleasant.
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Trent23)
Because they have failed in life and have a crappy low paid job
why have we failed you see your probably got a job in macdonalds at least we are proffessional drivers so we must have passed somewhere
emski
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have a question... Do they really want to be bus drivers or are they just putting up with it until something better comes along?
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I go to uni in York and all the bus drivers are really helpful and pleasant and stuff. They always give me directions when I ask for them and whatever. So dunno, maybe it's just your area :P
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SuperHanss)
Maybe they hate everyone because they know that the sole purpose of their uninteresting lives is to transport people with more interesting things to do than themselves.

whats interesting about transporting people like you
john l taylor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
I strongly dislike most of them tbh. A smile wouldn't hurt would it?

I've once been told to get off the bus because i didn't specify where i wanted my return ticket to be FROM. Still confused to this day.

surely commonsence prevails here how do you expect a driver to issue a correct ticket if you dont tell him where your going think about it its not rocket science
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (267)
79.94%
Leave (67)
20.06%

Watched Threads