The Student Room Group

YEAR 11'S!!!! What subjects are you most happy about leaving behind?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natty_ox
Oh yay I like these topics now so it is nice to know they could be in my AS spec. Oh yes good teachers/classes really make you love subject more. I had a great Geography teacher which probably fuelled my love for the subject too! :smile: Alright I guess I can do that. I assume the case studies are a lot more indepth at Geography. Or are there just a lot more of them? Ooh that sounds good too! Have fun when you do start the topic :biggrin: Judging by your uni choices, you not only enjoy Geography but you are smart too :tongue: Good luck with those applications. Haha night life, never forget about the night life :wink:

Yeah hopefully you enjoy them! In AS I'd say there are probably around 10-15 main case studies you need to know in detail and then like 10 that you just need to know a name and 2 facts or so for. It changes at A2 though because you only have 3 topics and there are therefore less case studies, but more in depth. I'm not that smart haha, just being ambitious! I went into AS thinking I was so intelligent I didn't need to do revision, got my jan results back and it was horrendous. Unluckily for next year they've got rid of jan exams so people won't realise before it's too late that revision is really important and have to retake a whole year :/ Good luck with your GCSE results, I hope they are what you want!
Why is maths not on the list haha
Reply 42
Latin, Maths and German :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by AlanAlty
Yeah hopefully you enjoy them! In AS I'd say there are probably around 10-15 main case studies you need to know in detail and then like 10 that you just need to know a name and 2 facts or so for. It changes at A2 though because you only have 3 topics and there are therefore less case studies, but more in depth. I'm not that smart haha, just being ambitious! I went into AS thinking I was so intelligent I didn't need to do revision, got my jan results back and it was horrendous. Unluckily for next year they've got rid of jan exams so people won't realise before it's too late that revision is really important and have to retake a whole year :/ Good luck with your GCSE results, I hope they are what you want!

Thank you :smile: Oh I see. I think I can do that, especially if the case studies are interesting. Haha I bet you are really smart. Yeah sorry to hear about that. It's not the first time I have I've been told that. The fact that I don't have January exams next year really scares me but I'll just have to make sure I properly revise. Thanks for the luck and I wish you luck too. Hope your summer grades are the opposite of horrendous :wink:
Reply 44
PE
Maths (I haven't had it since January though, but it still counts)
ART (SO MUCH COURSEWORK)
Reply 45
Chemistry, Biology and History.

Disliked Chemistry in the beginning, but then it grew on me in Year 11. Not enough to miss it though. Biology was absolute torture. Literally detested it by the end of the year. Plus coursework on top really made the sciences horrible for me.
Hated History from the beginning, dropped it halfway through Year 11, and was so glad I could focus on other subjects in the end.
Original post by SharminaSyeda
Why is maths not on the list haha

Original post by Erin101
Latin, Maths and German :biggrin:

Original post by Natty_ox
Thank you :smile: Oh I see. I think I can do that, especially if the case studies are interesting. Haha I bet you are really smart. Yeah sorry to hear about that. It's not the first time I have I've been told that. The fact that I don't have January exams next year really scares me but I'll just have to make sure I properly revise. Thanks for the luck and I wish you luck too. Hope your summer grades are the opposite of horrendous :wink:

Original post by aeturnium
PE
Maths (I haven't had it since January though, but it still counts)
ART (SO MUCH COURSEWORK)

Original post by KammyA
Chemistry, Biology and History.

Disliked Chemistry in the beginning, but then it grew on me in Year 11. Not enough to miss it though. Biology was absolute torture. Literally detested it by the end of the year. Plus coursework on top really made the sciences horrible for me.
Hated History from the beginning, dropped it halfway through Year 11, and was so glad I could focus on other subjects in the end.

I was glad we stopped french and re!!!

Any of you going on the challenge? :biggrin:
Original post by Kat187
Let me list mine for you LOL:

PE
Health & social care
GSCE and AS GERMAN-I did an AS level early
ENGLISH LIT (who cares if the blue curtains in the novel mean the author wasn't feeling particularly happy that day!)

THE TOURTURE IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

What about you?

Original post by Blake-inator
ENGLISH!!!!
and science!

Original post by mushu_the_dragon
Business studies and french!
those two were unbearable!!!

Original post by fuglycorn
Chemistry and Maths! I loved Physics and didn't particularly mind Biology but Chemistry... ugh!

Original post by Galileo Galilei
Business Studies(What a BS subject), Graphics(Can't draw) and ICT (Drained me badly)

Original post by sr234
french and P.E< hate my teacher!!!!:biggrin:

Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
French, that is all.

Original post by paulpscully
English Language - worst subject I've ever had to do. Creative writing was so fun though!
PE!!!
Physics. Oh my god. Physics was the absolute worst! >.<

Original post by MNem
french, history and welsh all just drained me! sooo glad to see the back of them

Original post by Someone-Somewhere
P.E, Maths and Art.

Was planning on taking A-level art but GCSE turned out to be a nightmare so I've been put off studying Art.

Original post by THEMathlete
PE and Geography- Hated these two so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by social outcast
english , and psychology i started counting down to the last lesson at the beginning of year 10 :smile: (i only started it in year 10)

Original post by Dylann
Everyone's replies are so angry and forceful. Might as well join in.

I'M DROPPING I.T and MATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!one!!!!11!!!!!!!!

Original post by Lucy_Noble
In order of happiness:

3. Food Technology
2. English Language
1. Geography

Original post by BP_Tranquility
I'd say PE, RE and English Language/Literature :biggrin:

...But I am beginning to miss PE and English slightly :colondollar:

Original post by izpenguin
Glad to see the back if English mainly. History also.

No more french and I was like :party:
Reply 48
Original post by Blueray2

whats the challenge about?:colondollar:
Original post by sr234
whats the challenge about?:colondollar:

3 week summer program by the NCS
week 1 outdoor activties eg in wales peak district etc
week 2 activty you picked eg sport drama etc
week 3 stay for one week at a uni

then give something back to your community :biggrin:

I was until I realized that I am too lazy to go outside :frown:
Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
I was until I realized that I am too lazy to go outside :frown:

Me too
glad to drop physics, english and geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XXSimranXX
glad to drop physics, english and geography

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is amazing! Its hell load more interesting at AS and A2 anyway :smile:
oh no aha which subjects get more interesting? Physics really didn't appeal to me at all and Ive heard its the hardest Alevel

I am! So excited, best thing I'm doing this summer.

What's your starting date? Mine is 8th August.
Reply 56

I wanted to, but my family wouldn't let me. :c It's a shame, because it seemed SO good!
Original post by KammyA
I wanted to, but my family wouldn't let me. :c It's a shame, because it seemed SO good!

same!! im still tryning to convince my mum to let me go lol im determined not to give up because it seems to good to miss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bigyolo and History
Original post by KammyA

Always next year :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending