What's the inspiration behind your user name? Watch

This discussion is closed.
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Roseonthegrave, Ralfskini and probably Kokopops all get a digestive! My username is just so imaginative… Rednirt - great minds must think alike!
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
There are some pretty unusual/interesting user names on this site so I thought it might be fun to see where they came from!

i'm called Eeyore cos I'm like Eeyore a lot of the time...! I even have an Eeyore mug, which Cate is using at the moment. Without my permission. Still, we haven't had an earthquake recently.
Blamps is my nickname, derived from my sir name, Blampied
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alocin)
Roseonthegrave, Ralfskini and probably Kokopops all get a digestive! My username is just so imaginative… Rednirt - great minds must think alike!
yep, we rock lol :cool:
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
Blamps is my nickname, derived from my sir name, Blampied
and may I emphasise that the "pied" bit of my name is not read like the "pied piper" for example....it comes from Jersey if that gives you some clue how to pronouce it properly, not that you're interested anyway
theycallmemrpig
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hehe i was watching the lion king when i heard the warthog going - they call me mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr piiiiggggg !!! and then he goes ape**** and knocks the crap out of some hyenas !!!!

sad, but true
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wanted something that suggested power and evil although i have to admit i'm not really that evil.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theycallmemrpig)
hehe i was watching the lion king when i heard the warthog going - they call me mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr piiiiggggg !!! and then he goes ape**** and knocks the crap out of some hyenas !!!!

sad, but true
Oh that's it! I knew it came from a film but couldn't for the life of me remember which one.

Blamps - I read it "Blampeed" - dunno if that's right either.
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Oh that's it! I knew it came from a film but couldn't for the life of me remember which one.

Blamps - I read it "Blampeed" - dunno if that's right either.
Just think of how the French pronounce Pied
trinigyal
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Just think of how the French pronounce Pied
So is it "Blahm - pee - aaaaye"?
Blamps
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by trinigyal)
So is it "Blahm - pee - aaaaye"?
f**king hell :rolleyes: oo the pain to hear (over the net? :confused: ) pronounced wrongly again....every bloody teacher does it and ppl that don't know me...argghhhh....saying that, there's a teacher at my school who had been pronouncing it wrong for over a year and a bit and I couldn't be bothered to say anything as it was slightly amusing hearing them struggle and eerrr and errmmmmin
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byakugan_neji)
My name byakugan_neji derives from the anime Naruto. There's a character called Hyuuga Neji from the Hyuuga clan. He's an excellent fighter and has mastered the Jyuuken Gentle Fist fighting style, which allows him to use his own chakra to damage any of the opponent's 64 tenkensus (chakra points) and thus, disable their chakra flow and make them unable to use their jutsu. One inherited ability of the Hyuuga clan is the Byakugan (roughly translated as White Eyes) which not only gives them 360 degrees vision but allows them to see through peoples' bodies. This is how they know where their tenketsus are.

So therefore, that's how I came up with my username. Byakugan + Neji = byakugan_neji

Of course, I wouldn't expect anyone to understand all of this, except Egan1.
uhhh in english please
trinigyal
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
f**king hell :rolleyes: oo the pain to hear (over the net? :confused: ) pronounced wrongly again....every bloody teacher does it and ppl that don't know me...argghhhh....saying that, there's a teacher at my school who had been pronouncing it wrong for over a year and a bit and I couldn't be bothered to say anything as it was slightly amusing hearing them struggle and eerrr and errmmmmin
so help me out then! ... was i even remotely close?
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
uhhh in english please
Sorry, you obviously aren't interested in Japanese culture and anime so don't bother asking really.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Heres an idea, how about spelling it out the way it sounds.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sorry, you obviously aren't interested in Japanese culture and anime so don't bother asking really.
Your new av just made me paranoid, I'm now looking side to side as if someone is ready to attack.
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
Your new av just made me paranoid, I'm now looking side to side as if someone is ready to attack.
I only wanted to give you a hug....
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I only wanted to give you a hug....
Well in that case...
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok
Riverz End
Report 15 years ago
'Riverz End' is the name of a Skinny Puppy song, and is the sixth track from their penultimate 1992 album 'Last Rights.'

Although they're not immensly popular in Britian, they are one of the most influential bands ever, and influenced many modern artists including Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Autechre, Marilyn Manson [although he ripped them off, really] and many others.

Still not sure? Well, if you're going to Nottingham or Birmingham next year and happen to be in the same accomidation as me, then you will know who Skinny Puppy are by the end of this year.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol my username is because I'm Dani and i am erm...a student
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%