What's the inspiration behind your user name? Watch

This discussion is closed.
suspicious_fish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I saw a postcard with it written on.
I love the ambiguity of my username - is it a fish that's suspicious of something going on, or is it the fish itself that's being suspicious? I.e. is it an adjective or a state of mind?
Oooooo.....
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, Wiwarin is elvish for butterfly and mir is elvish for jewel

So my name means butterfly jewel
~independent~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine cos I want to be independent and express my own opinions without influence from the world around me( I still need to work on it!!)
lucerna
Report 14 years ago
I thought the subtleties of Latin allowed me to think of it as "light"

Turns out it's closer to "Lamp"

A lamp is my inspiration. Oh, joy.
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mine coz I love sci-fi and wanted a hotmail address that sound sci-fi like and had my name in it. However, I didn't want to put my name in my forum usernames so I changed it to killer because androidkiller sounds cool and has so many sci-fi film connotations, from the borg to blade runner.

I actually use the name on a number of forums, so if you see it it's probably me,

Yes, I know I'm sad, that has already been pointed out.

There seem to be quite a few fantasy fans on here. I just picked this avatar since it was the coolest one there and I like LOTR!

My sig is from Garth Nix's old kingdom trilogy. It's cool because it's so ambiguous but makes you think how outside influences affect your choices.
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do i need say anything???
kita
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Do i need say anything???
yes
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
There are some pretty unusual/interesting user names on this site so I thought it might be fun to see where they came from!

i'm called Eeyore cos I'm like Eeyore a lot of the time...! I even have an Eeyore mug, which Cate is using at the moment. Without my permission. Still, we haven't had an earthquake recently.
"with or, without you...."

"it's a beautiful, day........."
Insatiable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rawr.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Aris was one is one of my favorite RPG characters from Final Fantasy VII. Greenleaf is Legolas' last name (LOTR). They both sound pretty, like tea and stars.

P.S. Wizard, what a cute avatar you have!
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kita)
yes
Hiya sweetie.....how you doing the day then????
_meiko_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my cute little kitten, her name is meiko, its a japanese name and its from a girl on marmalade boy anime years ago, my sister gave me the idea coz i love almost everything about learning japanese culture, so everytime i see "meiko" it reminds me of my sis who lives in spain and my lovely kitten which i had to give to somebody else when i moved last time....
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by _meiko_)
my cute little kitten, her name is meiko, its a japanese name and its from a girl on marmalade boy anime years ago, my sister gave me the idea coz i love almost everything about learning japanese culture, so everytime i see "meiko" it reminds me of my sis who lives in spain and my lovely kitten which i had to give to somebody else when i moved last time....
Thats a really good name you've picked there!!!
_meiko_
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Thats a really good name you've picked there!!!
thank you
are you really a barman?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (208)
18.55%
No (681)
60.75%
Not really bothered about them (232)
20.7%

Watched Threads