The Student Room Group

Student finance issue !

HI
i had my previous degree from India way back in 2007 did my bachelors 4 years. I applied for top up programme from metropolitan university to enhance job prospect. I applied for student finance that its only 1 year bachelors top up and my grant was approved with student loan but in feb I received letter this year that tuition fee I have to pay from my pocket as I had my previous degree I told them but I did it in India and with my own finances but student loan company refused to pay now I am in middle if no where Uni wants fee which of course I canny pay Any solution to this terrible situation?

thanks
Hi there,

If the qualification you obtained whilst studying abroad is deemed to be equivalent to a UK degree course you will be ineligible for funding from Student Finance England. Eligibility for funding, including previous study, is assessed in line with The Education (Student Loans) (Repayment) Regulations. Please find below a link to the current regulations outlining the required information

Legislation.gov.uk

If you have been refused funding due to previous qualifications gained outside the UK and believe that the qualification gained is not an equivalent qualification (ELQ), you can contact UK NARIC and request a certificate stating the qualification you have gained. You will be asked to provide evidence this evidence to support your application.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending