?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Pure
Mechanics
Equally as difficult
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
really depends on what kind of mind u have. some pple find pure easier than mehcanics.
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
woahhhhhhhhh people think pure is harder ????? pure 1 was miles easier than mechanics 1
85ah11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know everyone's different, but to my mind P1 and M1 are the easiest of the Maths modules you take at AS (or at least that I'm taking at AS).
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
P1 and M1 were both easy. I just felt stuck in one question for a few secs in M1. So I guess P1 was easier :P
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
m1 is mainly logical thinkin p1 is mainly learning basic crap both are abt the same in my view

just dont touch stat with a barge pole poission binomial and normal wtf r they i dun s2 aswell

lol
pure_ass_angel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Last year I got an A in M1 and S1 and a C in P1 so i guess for me pure is much harder!!!
mensandan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I found P1 harder at the start because of the jump from GCSE. The mechanics was totally new as was Stats so I just took them at face value. P1 scared me a bit at first as I realised that I was not as clever (post GCSE) as I had hoped, A* and all. Eventually come the exams I found P1 easiest of all, though I had done a lot more work for it than the other 2. In S1 and M1 I did about 12 past papers and did the same questions over and over it seemed. There seems to be a lot more to P1. However as I work toward some of the A2 modules I now find Pure comes easier and mechanics/stats are harder to score well on as you have to extrapolate a lot of the information from the questions. Finally I would say that I seem to finish Pure papers a lot faster so I guess they are probably easier as I will always have time to check my work. Dan
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
We'll see when the results are in
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i think matrix is much harder than any of this
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
HAhaha
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
go to the thread about the chat up lines to see the proff that mr white likes S&M
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeaha. Done it. Its hardly proof though.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
stand up very stong in court
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I did p1 and M1 last year (yes that p1 paper) and throughout the year i considered p1 so much harder than m1. The p1 test was impossible and m1 wasgood, but on results day pure=88 mech=78 so i dunno! all i can say is that uve seen nothing untill uve done P3. P2 is ok
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Hard to decide both were piss!!! I suppose M1 was harder because at least it took nearly 50 mins to complete.
LittleMissSmile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
m1 is easier if u know physics. in fact, if ur good at phys, m2 and m3 are piss easy too
xx
kishanj
Report 15 years ago
p1 is not dat hard, u jst gotta remember all the formulas, mechanics isnt too bad either slighlty easier in my opinion
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
p1 isnt that bad but m1 is much easier if you do physics! Hope that helps!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I actually think that mechanics is much harder because you are more likely to get a 8 mark question where you don't even know where to start! The questions are more ambiguous and require more thought...also there are more diagrams to draw (the reason as to why I couldn't even finish the M1 paper this year!) Pure, on the other hand, is very straight forward because the questions don't usually have a practical implication. Nothing is new in Pure. It's just general number-crunching/algebra. There are so many weird Mechanics situations. Hence mechanics is harder.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (750)
90.58%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (78)
9.42%

Watched Threads