The Student Room Group

Bono and the Mentalmen's League

It's common knowledge that Bono and Mr. White don't like each other but since this 'league' so mnay ppl have 'jumped on the bandwagon' and decided that they dislike Bona ASWELL...y? How weak can a person get?

What is wrong with Bono?
Ppl keep asking me if i 'know how much trouble he's caused'...wel no i dont actually - he makes the same type of posts as any other member, yes, sometimes they are quite cutting but why can no1 see that this is the AIM of most of Mr. White's posts? I see nothing wrong with Bono, in fact he's quite funny and i think it's good that he replied to most of the posts on that GL thread as most ppl probably thought he wouldn't read them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sasha D
It's common knowledge that Bono and Mr. White don't like each other but since this 'league' so mnay ppl have 'jumped on the bandwagon' and decided that they dislike Bona ASWELL...y? How weak can a person get?

What is wrong with Bono?
Ppl keep asking me if i 'know how much trouble he's caused'...wel no i dont actually - he makes the same type of posts as any other member, yes, sometimes they are quite cutting but why can no1 see that this is the AIM of most of Mr. White's posts? I see nothing wrong with Bono, in fact he's quite funny and i think it's good that he replied to most of the posts on that GL thread as most ppl probably thought he wouldn't read them.

Totally agree to that.
Reply 2
Sasha D

What is wrong with Bono?

Can't read the font! :confused:
Reply 3
Eeyore
Can't read the font! :confused:

Dont it help if you highlight it?
Reply 4
Sasha D

What is wrong with Bono?

I totally agree. Mr White is not a very good influence on some members.

P.S. Could you use a better font next time?!
Sasha D

What is wrong with Bono?

From that can we assume that the mentalmans league will be promoting incomprehensable posting
:0\
Reply 6
As a member of the league I am not against bono, he has made contributions to the forum such as the sticky in the academic subforum. I think there are far worse members who do nothing but cause trouble which is where we should be focused.
Reply 7
Newer members aren’t as aware of the bono (aka Maskall) spamming period. Prior to his incarnation as a supposedly reformed character he was a terror to the forum, but since those threads have largely been deleted, there is little evidence.
Reply 8
but if he is reformed, then why was he banned again? :confused:
Reply 9
I remember when Maskall was about and when he posted his first thread under the name of bono saying how sorry he was for causing trouble.
Sasha D

What is wrong with Bono?

My eyes!

arghh
the font looks worse if u click on reply !!!
it gives u a pain in the eyeball.
Reply 12
Alec
Newer members aren’t as aware of the bono (aka Maskall) spamming period. Prior to his incarnation as a supposedly reformed character he was a terror to the forum, but since those threads have largely been deleted, there is little evidence.

yes but that is not a good enough reason to ban him now he was a good and anti spamming member
Reply 13
Sasha D

What is wrong with Bono?

to many people dont dare say things to him because they like kissing his ass
eric bischoff

Who bono?

Or Mr White?
Reply 15
eric bischoff

i would have to include myself there. but seriously, mr white has infaliable wit and speaks his mind which is respectable enough. perhaps this is the beginning of a spam war, bono leading those who want to keep uk learning a place for chatting and mr white leading those who want it to be a place for academics. i could draw up a pretty solid 'sides' list as it stands.
Reply 16
Pencil Queen
Who bono?

Or Mr White?

mr white
Reply 17
piginapoke
I agree, I think bono is harmless; I can see why some people might find him annoying but we can't go around victimising everyone we don't like. Most of the complaints levelled against bono seem to revolve around 'spam' - apparently posting a comment like 'I agree' is spam round these parts - but when is he vindictive or offensive? Its also unfair to use past misadventures against someone, doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?

everything is spam

things that dont interest us are counted as spam. So everyone in this forum spams.
Reply 18
piginapoke
I agree, I think bono is harmless; I can see why some people might find him annoying but we can't go around victimising everyone we don't like. Most of the complaints levelled against bono seem to revolve around 'spam' - apparently posting a comment like 'I agree' is spam round these parts - but when is he vindictive or offensive? Its also unfair to use past misadventures against someone, doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?

I thought bono was back?
Reply 19
Sasha D

What is wrong with Bono?

cant you just use the normal font or at least something readable!!! i had to really squint just to read it!

Latest

Trending

Trending