Will I be accepted at uni? Watch

This discussion is closed.
coolguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Many unis want certain entry grades like AAB or ABB and u don't even need to do any any certain subjects at A-Level for some courses. So if I do Classics, History, ICT & Business and get AABB or AAAA then will I be accepted to study say Accounting or Business mana/admin or Psychology or will I need to have more strong subjects at A-Level?
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by coolguy)
Many unis want certain entry grades like AAB or ABB and u don't even need to do any any certain subjects at A-Level for some courses. So if I do Classics, History, ICT & Business and get AABB or AAAA then will I be accepted to study say Accounting or Business mana/admin or Psychology or will I need to have more strong subjects at A-Level?
If you are wanting to do psychology I'd do psychology A-level if I was you. YOu might change your mind
coolguy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I don't want to do Psychology. I was just saying that as an example.
I want to do accounting or business manag/adminis at uni
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My friend has applied (and been accepted) to do Management & I.T at some pretty good Uni's with A-levels in Computing, Media and Politics..so I think an impressive personal statement is probably more important that subjects. Saying that though, if you apply to a old-fashioned Uni, like Durham, they may hold it against you. You could always ring up a selection of Uni's to find out.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%